mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Uncovered my boat tonight, lifted up a seat and big black carpenter ants went everywhere. Its been a grouchy evening.........

We seem to have flying ants this spring. Hubby sprayed where I found them yesterday. We were gone all day. Came home and I went into the kitchen/living room area to start dinner and there were flying ants EVERYWHERE!!! I grabbed my vacuum and he grabbed the shop vac and we sucked up flying ants for at least 30 minutes. He took the shop vac out and sprayed all of the ones in it with ant killer. I threw what paper trash I had in the burn barrel and lit it, and then took the bag out of my vacuum and threw it into the fire. They did not like that! I don't know where they are all coming out of but we put more ant killer everywhere and on all of the holes we had found outside. I'm not sure where all of the ones in the house came from so we may have a repeat tomorrow. From what I read, the flying ones are only out during mating season and those are the ones that reproduce. Killing those is key. I am becoming an ant expert here today!

Hey everyone say a prayer for my grand-daughter, were sitting in Memorial hospital, she`s haveing seziures

Prayers from here too Red!

Long day but finally home and almost time for bed. I have to take the neighbor to an appointment tomorrow and then she and I are going to the greenhouse to shop. Busy, busy, busy....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom