• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Illinois?? Ouch. I know you have to do what you have to do but that can't be very friendly to the firearms hobby.

Well, I ended up losing all but six firearms during the divorce.... I mostly because I wanted to keep my pension more... So, it's been fun navigating the gun laws over here... They made a couple steps forward buy passing a concealed carry law. But, it's really not much progress. In Cook County almost all of the business have no firearms signs posted. They also passed a law that limits FTF transactions. Apparently if you want to sell a handgun, you need to call the state for approval of the buyer before you can sell it. The only good thing is that there seems to be a trend with the courts ruling in our favor. When it came to them not wanting to pass any type of concealed carry law, the courts basically said that they needed to pass some law of that sorts or it would revert to constitutional carry....

Illinois is going to catch up with the rest of the states, it just may take a while...

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Well, I ended up losing all but six firearms during the divorce.... I mostly because I wanted to keep my pension more... So, it's been fun navigating the gun laws over here... They made a couple steps forward buy passing a concealed carry law. But, it's really not much progress. In Cook County almost all of the business have no firearms signs posted. They also passed a law that limits FTF transactions. Apparently if you want to sell a handgun, you need to call the state for approval of the buyer before you can sell it. The only good thing is that there seems to be a trend with the courts ruling in our favor. When it came to them not wanting to pass any type of concealed carry law, the courts basically said that they needed to pass some law of that sorts or it would revert to constitutional carry....

Illinois is going to catch up with the rest of the states, it just may take a while...
    Progress is being made then.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Well, the little magic box says my blood sugar is doing great and I am hungry. I'm thinking a baked potato with some sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I ask the wife to just set the "other new shelf" aside, and I would get to it tomorrow. She replied "If I can just figure out where these pieces go, I'd have it done!" GO FOR IT!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom