• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Do you not see the absurdity of what you're saying? Why on Earth would you even bother traveling to a foreign county if you are convinced that you need someone to protect you from the locals? Why not just avoid the locals entirely by staying home?

Every place has dangerous areas, but that doesn't mean that you're not safe everywhere. I don't plan on skipping down the sidewalk in front of the projects in Chicago, but that doesn't mean I'd feel unsafe in the loop.

We're talking risk reduction here...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Do you not see the absurdity of what you're saying? Why on Earth would you even bother traveling to a foreign county if you are convinced that you need someone to protect you from the locals? Why not just avoid the locals entirely by staying home?

Every place has dangerous areas, but that doesn't mean that you're not safe everywhere. I don't plan on skipping down the sidewalk in front of the projects in Chicago, but that doesn't mean I'd feel unsafe in the loop.
    How about it's Mbills money and if he want to spend it in Jamaica then whocares?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Again, crazy. Why not just wrap yourself in bubble wrap? Is there really that great of a risk if you're being sensible?

Risk reduction is crazy? How is minimizing risk at all comparable to wrapping myself in bubble wrap?? lol

I go to the beach to relax and sit on the sand and drink... there is no reason for me to put myself in danger, whether big or small, to do something I have no desire to do. I'm not going to mix and mingle with locals or explore the cities in Jamaica. I'm going for a white sand beach with warm weather in early March, I'll reduce risk by not leaving the resort area

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

It'd be best for me to just stop communicating with you right now. There is currently no other course of action where your condescension doesn't entirely **** me off to no end.

With that, I bid you good day.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Today I saw a 200 amp generator connected to a Ford straight six motor set up to run on propane or LP gas. This thing is going to end up in an auction at some point and will probably go cheap. If I had some property with a barn or something, I'd LOVE to have that thing. The motor and generator section looked simple enough to service and it had less than 2000 hours on the meter.

Old school straight sixes can run forever.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I agree. It's your money. Spend it as you see fit. I personally wouldn't travel to any location where I felt the need for a body guard and was afraid of the locals.

You're either not reading or trolling. No one said anything about being afraid of the locals. It's about being intelligent and reducing risk. I'm not afraid of wannabe thugs in certain areas of Indy, but I don't go cruising around in those areas. I'm not afraid of Craigslist deals, but I don't show up to one alone after dark.

Risk. Reduction.

Something all gun owners SHOULD understand and practice.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    flash.gif

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    You're either not reading or trolling. No one said anything about being afraid of the locals. It's about being intelligent and reducing risk. I'm not afraid of wannabe thugs in certain areas of Indy, but I don't go cruising around in those areas. I'm not afraid of Craigslist deals, but I don't show up to one alone after dark.

Risk. Reduction.

Something all gun owners SHOULD understand and practice.

Obviously there are terribly dangerous places in all foreign countries. What I am questioning is the argument that ALL off resort locations are bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom