Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    :laugh:

I like mojitos (laugh it up), especially in the Caribbean...hopefully they aren't too expensive

If you do go off the resort, go ahead and hire a bodyguard. I did and it saved us quite a bit of money from people trying to rip us off. Also, if you do have problems you get one of the white hat cops (tourist police) and they will help you for real. It's their job to help keep tourists from being ripped off. Keep your trips off resort short, 2 hours or less, and you can get a good body guard for $20 for these excursions.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm not ready to hit Cuba just yet. Wouldn't mind some cigars, though.

It sounds like you're not ready to hit any foreign county. Why travel somewhere exotic if you are just going to stay on a resort with a bunch of other tourists? It would be a lot cheaper and easier to just stay in the US if you just want to be surrounded by people who look and act like home.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I suppose I did miss that. Well, just FYI, the national Dominican beer is....poor at best.

I'm not ready to hit Cuba just yet. Wouldn't mind some cigars, though.

Rum is undoubtedly my favorite liquor. I'll try it

If you like rum and never had chocolate rum, it's going to be a real treat! I have to say it's my favorite "sweet" alcohol. It's VERY hard to get in the US, so get yourself some of the big bottles and bring your limit back with you if you like it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It sounds like you're not ready to hit any foreign county. Why travel somewhere exotic if you are just going to stay on a resort with a bunch of other tourists? It would be a lot cheaper and easier to just stay in the US if you just want to be surrounded by people who look and act like home.

Because I like warm weather, white sand, and clear water.

Jamaica has one of the highest murder rates in the world, and visitors to the island are commonly ripped off. Not putting myself in danger is kind of just common sense

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Because I like warm weather, white sand, and clear water.

pascua-florida.jpg

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

There's places to tourist it up, Jamaica isn't really one of them unless you take precautions.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    An 8 year old kid tried to steal my wallet in the Dominican, and it's a relatively safe place. If you don't think being white/American/foreign makes you a target in places like that, you're just lying to yourself.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You've never seen clear water in Florida Mbills? I have, it's purty.

Nope, it's always been pretty murky when I've been there. Never been to the Keys or anything, but can't really afford that either. Kinda crazy that you can hit Caribbean islands for less than most parts of Florida.

When I say Bodyguard, I'm just talking about someone to keep the riff-raff away from you. No need to be a jackass. If you want we can kindly whip out war stories and see who's is bigger.

That's what I assumed you meant. In my very limited experience, the riff-raff tend to respond much better to locals

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    When I say Bodyguard, I'm just talking about someone to keep the riff-raff away from you. No need to be a jackass. If you want we can kindly whip out war stories and see who's is bigger.

Do you not see the absurdity of what you're saying? Why on Earth would you even bother traveling to a foreign county if you are convinced that you need someone to protect you from the locals? Why not just avoid the locals entirely by staying home?

Every place has dangerous areas, but that doesn't mean that you're not safe everywhere. I don't plan on skipping down the sidewalk in front of the projects in Chicago, but that doesn't mean I'd feel unsafe in the loop.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    At work we have a huge generator, big enough to run a small town. It was put in last spring and set to cycle on/off at 3 in the morning once a week. The supervisor who was supposed to maintain it failed to have it filled (diesel). It cycled on, ran out of fuel, tried to restart and pretty much cooked it. We ended up getting a new one.

Today I saw a 200 amp generator connected to a Ford straight six motor set up to run on propane or LP gas. This thing is going to end up in an auction at some point and will probably go cheap. If I had some property with a barn or something, I'd LOVE to have that thing. The motor and generator section looked simple enough to service and it had less than 2000 hours on the meter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom