• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I run full coverage and uninsured/underinsured, just because I live in Indy. Seen too many hit and runs and non insured not to.

OSUT, weird, never.

We do the same thing even though there's no loan on the vehicles. We don't have backups and we rely on them too much so it only makes sense. :yesway:

We are proud of our weirdness around here! For good reason! :rockwoot:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I run full coverage and uninsured/underinsured, just because I live in Indy. Seen too many hit and runs and non insured not to.

OSUT, weird, never.

In 30 years, the only time I have ever needed a body shop to repair a vehicle was when we got broadsided a couple of years ago. My BIL has a shop so hubby did a bunch of the prep and then we let him do the major stuff. For $1,000 I was back on the road and you couldn't tell it had ever been hit. I lucked out though cause it is a very common color and I picked up both doors that were the right color with matching interior on Craigslist for $100 for both of them. Hubby cut the center post out of a blazer at the junk yard and we let the BIL remove the old one and weld in the new one and then paint what needed painted.

My '88 would be fairly easy to replace if needed. The suburban and the '67 chevy both have vintage insurance policies with full coverage. $250 a year covers both of those but we are limited on miles we can drive them. Since we don't drive either of those in the winter, it is pretty easy to stay within the limits. It would be sad to see anything happen to the '83 if someone hit it, but hubby could either fix it or we would have to find him another old ride to replace it. He put a lot of time into it this summer eliminating what little rust it had and it looks pretty darn good for having done it in our garage.

I don't know if my son has changed his address on his insurance yet. I have a feeling he will be sad when he does. Pretty sure Indy is going to be more than it was in Camby. He doesn't have full coverage so that helps, but I am sure it will go up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Pot roast in foil here...put the roast in foil, mix some onion soup mix with a can of mushroom soup and spread over the roast. Add carrots, potatoes, onion and mushrooms (if you like them). Sprinkle with water. Seal up the foil packet and roast at 300 for four hours. Tender and yummy! Bread is in the oven and the pound cake is done and looks really good. I may have slipped in some boozed up peaches that I fished out of my peach liqueur and mixed those in with the thawed peaches and blueberries. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom