• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I have a hard time buying anything when I'm with her. "Oh, don't buy eggs, I have plenty I'll give you some". "Oh, don't buy milk, I have an extra half gallon". It goes on and on. Potatoes, cheese, bread, etc. Why are we at the store, sounds like you have everything. ;)
    How old is she? My dad is in his 80's. he's in pretty good physical shape. But his mind tends to wander now. I'm worried about him being so far and living near my two brothers, neither one is working. It's like leaving the fox in the henhouse. It's just a matter of time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    How old is she? My dad is in his 80's. he's in pretty good physical shape. But his mind tends to wander now. I'm worried about him being so far and living near my two brothers, neither one is working. It's like leaving the fox in the henhouse. It's just a matter of time.
    My mom is 80. Lost my dad two years ago. They were together for 60 years. She is lost. We try to spend as much time as we can with her.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My mom is 80. Lost my dad two years ago. They were together for 60 years. She is lost. We try to spend as much time as we can with her.
    Bless her little heart.
    My dad lost mom on 2001 from lung cancer. He remarried in 2008 to a old friend. A year later she died of cancer. He's been thru a lot. But he keeps chugging on!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bless her little heart.
    My dad lost mom on 2001 from lung cancer. He remarried in 2008 to a old friend. A year later she died of cancer. He's been thru a lot. But he keeps chugging on!
    Yeah, that sucks. My folks were inseperable, never went anywhere or did anything individually. If my mom went to get her hair done my pops would be sitting there waiting on her. So, she literally doesn't know what to do with herself. But they had a great life together. I try to tell her how lucky she is to have been so in love with someone who loved her just as much. Pretty damned rare these days.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yeah, that sucks. My folks were inseperable, never went anywhere or did anything individually. If my mom went to get her hair done my pops would be sitting there waiting on her. So, she literally doesn't know what to do with herself. But they had a great life together. I try to tell her how lucky she is to have been so in love with someone who loved her just as much. Pretty damned rare these days.
    Sorry to hear that. My grandmother has been the same way since my grandfather died 5 years ago.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Funny you mention this. Me and the wife was talking about how lucky we are. Married 30 years and I believe I love her more now then ever. It's a scary thought of life without her. I pray I die first. My wish is for me to be looking into her eyes when I go. Must be a terrible feeling to look over and not see the person who's been there for you for the last 60 years.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Funny you mention this. Me and the wife was talking about how lucky we are. Married 30 years and I believe I love her more now then ever. It's a scary thought of life without her. I pray I die first. My wish is for me to be looking into her eyes when I go. Must be a terrible feeling to look over and not see the person who's been there for you for the last 60 years.
    I believe she thinks he is still there every day watching over her. I know she talks to him sometimes. She says she will doze off and when she wakes up she swears he is sitting in the chair watching her. I do nothing to dispel this belief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom