• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I know, the calm before the storm. I was listening to the radio overnight when I couldn't sleep. Cincy radio is saying Indy will get around 6" tomorrow evening/overnight.

That's nice on a sunday night , its a crap shoot if the roads will be good ....Usally there not -at the time I go in , but there ok when it gets close to time for school

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    How was your DR appointment BA ?
    Lots to talk about since I haven't been there in years. I have a lady doc who seems to understand me a little. I think she is trying to get everything done while I seem willing. We'll see how it turns out. The good news is she is referring me to the surgeon for shoulder surgery so sometime this summer I may be able to shoot long guns with little or at least less pain. :yesway:

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Lots to talk about since I haven't been there in years. I have a lady doc who seems to understand me a little. I think she is trying to get everything done while I seem willing. We'll see how it turns out. The good news is she is referring me to the surgeon for shoulder surgery so sometime this summer I may be able to shoot long guns with little or at least less pain. :yesway:

That will be awesome !!!! I'm glad your seeing into it all , and I hope and pray it all comes out good for you .

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    better then it was is always good ,
    May I ask how it all came about -- been off here for awhile as you know ,and a lot has happened

The initial injury happened 5 years ago. I sat down on a bleacher at the high school gym and it collapsed. Fall dislocated a shoulder and cause 3 bulged disks in my neck. It healed up in about 3-4 months, did PT and all that stuff.

Since then, it only really bothered me after a long drive, I had a standing script for a mild pain med and would pop one or two as needed. Neck would get a little stiff and a muscle across the top of the shoulder would hurt. PITA stuff, but nothing disabling.

Then, after 5 years with little problem, in the 2nd week of December it just exploded...massive swelling around those 3 disks, pinched nerves going into my shoulders & arms. Neck was super stiff and painful as hell. Did an MRI and it showed one of the disks had ruptured and was pressing 1/2 way into the spinal canal into my spinal cord. Don't know what triggered it. I was fine on MOnday (I was in Boston that week for a meeting), started hurting a little on Wednesday and by Saturday I'm in excruciating pain....:dunno:

I suspect the trigger was a plane ride that had happened 2 weeks prior. I had a flight from Reagan National in DC into Cincy that had horrible turbulence for the first 45 minutes of the flight. I mean horrible. I fly a lot for work and that was the worst flight I have ever been on. I really wonder if the turbulence further damaged that disk???

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This kitten of ours is a stinkpot. Jumps up on my lap and wants petted, but chews on the buttons on my shirt and tries to pull them off while I am petting him...

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    DAMN ,Sam ....That is a lot ... Ya I love to fly ,but their making them uncomfortable anymore ,im with ya on that turbulence ,i'm betting it shook all that up and made it explode.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    This kitten of ours is a stinkpot. Jumps up on my lap and wants petted, but chews on the buttons on my shirt and tries to pull them off while I am petting him...

Kittens are so cute :) , I read ware you said it was opening a drawer to get its fix hahahaha that's cute as hell

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    DAMN ,Sam ....That is a lot ... Ya I love to fly ,but their making them uncomfortable anymore ,im with ya on that turbulence ,i'm betting it shook all that up and made it explode.

Yeah, I think that was the trigger. I was on one of the small 50 seat jets. The ones with one seat to the left of the aisle and 2 to the right. Those small jets don't handle the turbulence as well as a big one. I mean it was HORRIBLE turbulence.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Yeah, I think that was the trigger. I was on one of the small 50 seat jets. The ones with one seat to the left of the aisle and 2 to the right. Those small jets don't handle the turbulence as well as a big one. I mean it was HORRIBLE turbulence.

Ya I get on one every june ,out of boston ,headed to Presque Isle Maine -- its like riding a roller coaster :noway:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Kittens are so cute :) , I read ware you said it was opening a drawer to get its fix hahahaha that's cute as hell

Catnip junkie!!!! He is 6 months old now and as big as my 2 yr old female cat. But still cute as hell.

Put catnip on the scratching pad last night, it was fun watching the cats fight over it. We have 5 right now, 3 of ours and 2 we are babysitting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom