• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I didn't think of that. Makes perfect sense.

It's mostly for wind, also keeps the cows in and visitors out of the property.
    It's tough to cross especially when you also have barbwire in between trees.

Must have been hell fighting in there, it offers great concealment too.You could have a huge Tiger tank in the next field and not see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's mostly for wind, also keeps the cows in and visitors out of the property.
    It's tough to cross especially when you also have barbwire in between trees.

Must have been hell fighting in there, it offers great concealment too.You could have a huge Tiger tank in the next field and not see it.

As I understand it that was a hard fought over area.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom,
    I am posting up the Challenge coins on Monday. If you do not get yours I will be coming up for a toe to toe with your mail person.

Ok. I'll let you know when it arrives. I put an envelope in the mail this morning for you. :shady:

My check finally got here yesterday...turns out my checks have become every other week now. I guess that gives her 50% less opportunity to lose them. :laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It sure put them behind schedule for a while. I think it probably, ultimately, cost a lot of French lives. The Allies ended up having to carpet bomb an area in order to achieve a breakout.

Yeah, same during D Day when they missed the beaches.They didnt have precision bombing back then.Especially at night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom