mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby built this for me but now he won't let me ride it. I think he is afraid I will scratch the paint or something.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's sweet mom :thumbsup:

And it's an automatic so I don't have to learn to shift! :laugh:

Back end came out of an MG midget from the junk yard. Switched the chain drive over to gear drive with a gear box. It turned out pretty sweet. I am pretty sure it is a one of a kind Hondamatic. LOL

Now, if I could just get him to let me drive it.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Totally agree . just don't miss the oil and stopping and tightening every thing every so many miles
    Wanna know how we solved that problem back in the day? . . Rust!! Yup, we would take a bottle of salt water. Spray it on all the nuts and bolts. Those nuts would never rattle off. . . Or come off with a wrench!!

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    View attachment 34737My '73 I rode across the country for years on her. Never a problem besides burning up points every few thousand miles. Luckily old Chevy truck points fit in them. I had a saddle bag full of them!!
    That's Awesome Skull . Some day i'll post of my trike we built in Orlando fla ... lol I was 13 and thought I was king of the world , my uncle and his bro's actually built it for me so I could ride with them across the US .. They asked me if I wanted to make 1st in to reverse - not knowing any better and waning to be tuff I said hell no ***, god that was one big mistake

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's Awesome Skull . Some day i'll post of my trike we built in Orlando fla ... lol I was 13 and thought I was king of the world , my uncle and his bro's actually built it for me so I could ride with them across the US .. They asked me if I wanted to make 1st in to reverse - not knowing any better and waning to be tuff I said hell no ***, god that was one big mistake
    Not having reverse on a big trike you would have to make sure you had buddies to push ya out of some situations! I would love to see pics of the trike. I laugh at the younger guys now. My buddies son wanted to ride to Michigan with me but said he didn't have anywhere to put his clothes. ( no bags) So I took his jacket, spread it on the ground, threw some clothes on it, rolled it up and bungee strapped it to his handlebars. Told him to stop being a *****. No one teaches these kids anything anymore!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not having reverse on a big trike you would have to make sure you had buddies to push ya out of some situations! I would love to see pics of the trike. I laugh at the younger guys now. My buddies son wanted to ride to Michigan with me but said he didn't have anywhere to put his clothes. ( no bags) So I took his jacket, spread it on the ground, threw some clothes on it, rolled it up and bungee strapped it to his handlebars. Told him to stop being a *****. No one teaches these kids anything anymore!!

I wanna go on a bike ride with you!
    I would need to be in side car. :):

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows

That's so true .... Ya there was a lot of times I was glad I was with all them ... of course you know trike = back of the pack ,last bike lol.... Yes you had to be thinking when you parked ,that's for sure . I didn't realize at the time of the build I was to carry all the tools and want nots in the box on my bike -lmao making it that much more heavier ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom