• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Not my name and I am horrible with names. I am sitting here trying to remember the names of the guys that worked for me and I raced with.....:n00b:

Fosnights were more into demolition derby, but I believe they did race from time to time. They are notorious for their derby tactics

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fosnights were more into demolition derby, but I believe they did race from time to time. They are notorious for their derby tactics

These 2 guys were related but ran the race series. Had nice cars just don on power. I made them killer deals on my engines as I was in kind of a hurry to liquidate and move on. They got real fast real quick.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    These 2 guys were related but ran the race series. Had nice cars just don on power. I made them killer deals on my engines as I was in kind of a hurry to liquidate and move on. They got real fast real quick.

:laugh:

Can't think of anyone that fits the bill but may ask my uncle next time I speak with him, he was into (but not part of, necessarily) that scene.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :laugh:

Can't think of anyone that fits the bill but may ask my uncle next time I speak with him, he was into (but not part of, necessarily) that scene.

Think 1978/79.
    I moved there in 76 and helped a buddy start the HVAC-R business. He had tax and drinking issues so I sent him packing. Moved away late 79.
    A lot has changed there. Many many jobs are gone.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Remember it well.

Then you almost certainly met, briefly, my mom or pops.

Think 1978/79.
    I moved there in 76 and helped a buddy start the HVAC-R business. He had tax and drinking issues so I sent him packing. Moved away late 79.
    A lot has changed there. Many many jobs are gone.

Yes...it's horrible to go back to and see. It won't get any better until the town population shrinks significantly or we get a LOT of jobs. The Ford/Visteon plant leaving absolutely screwed us, and then Carbon Motors came in and twisted the knife. Now heroin is taking over

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Good food. I did the systems work in there.

Hah! Wow...you probably met my pops at some point then as well...he was a manager for that store and managed at others when necessary as well. Not sure where he was at around that time but I'd imagine he was at that store at least some.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hah! Wow...you probably met my pops at some point then as well...he was a manager for that store and managed at others when necessary as well. Not sure where he was at around that time but I'd imagine he was at that store at least some.

Ah I take that back, he probably wasn't at Rax just yet at that point

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Is Wells Hardware & Lumber still in business downtown?? I used to sell them caulking, adhesives and weatherstipping back in the 90's. Messiest, most packed with stock store I ever entered, but the owner knew exactly where to find anything

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then you almost certainly met, briefly, my mom or pops.

Yes...it's horrible to go back to and see. It won't get any better until the town population shrinks significantly or we get a LOT of jobs. The Ford/Visteon plant leaving absolutely screwed us, and then Carbon Motors came in and twisted the knife. Now heroin is taking over

There was Stantz, D&M and a few others back then. Plus Richmond was close by. All that is gone now. Many I knew moved to where the work is.
    If you come into town on Hi-way 1 south bound you run next to the elevated tracks. 1st road at the light up and over the tracks and back to the extreme NW corner I owned the corner house below the big hill. Street names escape me as I am.....well......:fogey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom