mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I never bought formula with either of mine and never bought store food. They wouldn't eat it. I got a couple of jars one time when we were going to be traveling and my daughter spit it out.

I just mashed up stuff that was on our plates and fed them that. They got the majority of what they needed from nursing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I never bought formula with either of mine and never bought store food. They wouldn't eat it. I got a couple of jars one time when we were going to be traveling and my daughter spit it out.

I just mashed up stuff that was on our plates and fed them that. They got the majority of what they needed from nursing.
    That's the best way.
    my son is a beast. He eats a lot!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

That's the best way.
    my son is a beast. He eats a lot!
    It's the colostrium.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's the colostrium.

Every baby needs that! I know on the farm, the critters that failed to get it usually did not survive or thrive.

My son used to eat more than my husband even as a small child. My husband used to just shake his head and comment on how much trouble we would be in when he was a teen. He still can eat anything and everything and is over 6' tall and about 165 pounds. He is too thin but is bulking up again now that he is eating better and back to the gym. When he worked two full time jobs, he got really thin.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Every baby needs that! I know on the farm, the critters that failed to get it usually did not survive or thrive.

My son used to eat more than my husband even as a small child. My husband used to just shake his head and comment on how much trouble we would be in when he was a teen. He still can eat anything and everything and is over 6' tall and about 165 pounds. He is too thin but is bulking up again now that he is eating better and back to the gym. When he worked two full time jobs, he got really thin.
    You are correct on all accounts. It's really obvious in the animal kingdom. We have synthetic drugs nowdays for the humans. :noway:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You are correct on all accounts. It's really obvious in the animal kingdom. We have synthetic drugs nowdays for the humans. :noway:

They have powdered colostrum for livestock too. It isn't nearly as good, but they have it. I always saved some from my goats and froze it in case I had kids orphaned or rejected that I had to bottle feed.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    They have powdered colostrum for livestock too. It isn't nearly as good, but they have it. I always saved some from my goats and froze it in case I had kids orphaned or rejected that I had to bottle feed.
    Your prbly past them days! :laugh:

I know what you meant.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have a cousin that runs around 300 head of beef cattle. Runs them to 450, then sells. He has a lot of orphans, 90 yr. old aunt bucket feeds them. Some do ok, some don't.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This is the sort of silliness I dealt with on a daily basis. This old girl tolerated that stupid rooster every morning expecting her to take him for a spin around the yard.

35748_407895113142_5995423_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom