mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am going to have both kids here for Christmas. My son is supposed to come home on Wednesday and stay overnight again like he did for Thanksgiving. It will be nice to see him again so soon. I am going to try to make his art exhibit in January. Just praying the weather will allow my daughter and I to make the drive down for it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, I checked out that Pskistan school shooting, and even though I know better, I wound up going down the rabbit hole at CNN, disabusing people of their AR15 misconceptions. I'm back among the living, whew.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Ok, I checked out that Pskistan school shooting, and even though I know better, I wound up going down the rabbit hole at CNN, disabusing people of their AR15 misconceptions. I'm back among the living, whew.

I was reading online about that. What a horrible, horrible situation. It said they burned a teacher in front of the students and made them watch. Something like 126 now dead. Just horrible stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am going to have both kids here for Christmas. My son is supposed to come home on Wednesday and stay overnight again like he did for Thanksgiving. It will be nice to see him again so soon. I am going to try to make his art exhibit in January. Just praying the weather will allow my daughter and I to make the drive down for it.

Standard Christmas eve here with us. Kids and their kids. Then Christmas at MIL's is tradition. She is getting up in age and we are all taking care of most of the coking/clean up etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was reading online about that. What a horrible, horrible situation. It said they burned a teacher in front of the students and made them watch. Something like 126 now dead. Just horrible stuff.

They are creating a never ending blood line of haters. This will all be blamed on us somehow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Standard Christmas eve here with us. Kids and their kids. Then Christmas at MIL's is tradition. She is getting up in age and we are all taking care of most of the coking/clean up etc.

We did our family party in September when we celebrated my parents' anniversary so it just doesn't feel right that we don't have any parties we are planning to attend. It will be nice to have a nice dinner here with the four of us, but it just feels weird. I'm sure I will go visit my parents either this weekend or next but no big party is going to be weird. We've always done it forever. Too many nieces and nephews have moved out of state and the weather makes it hard to plan.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are creating a never ending blood line of haters. This will all be blamed on us somehow.

I'm sure. Everything that happens here is my husband's fault. We both agree on this daily. :lmfao: Today, it was his fault I overslept.

Cleveland ROCKS!
    plus daddy's going to buy her a new car and get her an apt. At the Metropolitan 9 in downtown if she stays!

Hi Dad. Did you want me to pick out the color for my new car and just send that info to you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We did our family party in September when we celebrated my parents' anniversary so it just doesn't feel right that we don't have any parties we are planning to attend. It will be nice to have a nice dinner here with the four of us, but it just feels weird. I'm sure I will go visit my parents either this weekend or next but no big party is going to be weird. We've always done it forever. Too many nieces and nephews have moved out of state and the weather makes it hard to plan.

Just not many of us left standing. MIL is the only parent (mine & wifes) left. Only other sibling left my side living here is not feeling it this year. Life has kicked her in the jewels seriously hard. We are seeing Holidays with the MIL come to an end soon.
    Traditions change with time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just not many of us left standing. MIL is the only parent (mine & wifes) left. Only other sibling left my side living here is not feeling it this year. Life has kicked her in the jewels seriously hard. We are seeing Holidays with the MIL come to an end soon.
    Traditions change with time.

Yep...we just have to make new traditions I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom