mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow, sounds interesting, but don't really care for the taste of rum....

Think I'll just stick with some peanut butter cookies...

I have to make some of those too. I am waiting for my egg guy to text me back so I can go get some eggs before I am in the middle of baking. I have a couple dozen, but I had to buy yucky store eggs the other day! ACCCKKKKK....I can't even remember the last time I bought eggs in the store. I miss my chickens sometimes.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Afternoon lurkers. I just got back from Home Depot. Had to return some keys I had made... they didn't work. Almost $3/ a piece. Bought a 1.5' steel chain while I was there so I can chain the back fence shut with a padlock.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Potato candy I guess it's also called!! The Scottish and Germans had their own versions of it!

Yep, same here. My grandma would use left over mashed potatoes and make potato candy. I remember it well, at one point it sent me to the ER...

She would keep it in the fridge. When I was about 10, I got the plate out was going to cut some. Knife slipped and I stabbed my hand. Grampa was pissed I got blood on the candy.....:):

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yep, same here. My grandma would use left over mashed potatoes and make potato candy. I remember it well, at one point it sent me to the ER...

She would keep it in the fridge. When I was about 10, I got the plate out was going to cut some. Knife slipped and I stabbed my hand. Grampa was pissed I got blood on the candy.....:):
    Oh no!! But blood would make the candy look more festive. My mom would make so much of it. It was so good. Your only the third person ever to even know what it was.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Oh no!! But blood would make the candy look more festive. My mom would make so much of it. It was so good. Your only the third person ever to even know what it was.

Oh man, that was good stuff. I have a recipe book from Grandma, I need to go see if it's in there. Then figure out the missing ingredient.

Grandma liked to protect her recipes. She would often leave something out, or change it, so the stuff you would make wouldn't be like hers. She wanted you to come to her to get the good stuff....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom