Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just got back from retrieving the offspring from work, the Exploiter still won't start, going to have to have it towed tomorrow. Waiting for my ibuprofen to take hold so I can try to sleep in a bit.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was reading the thread about suing doctors. Getting ready to head to bed soon...cats are out and hubby is already in bed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    She isn't comfortable driving a manual. She can do it, but prefers not to.

I wondered if that was the case. I do not do manual transmission vehicles. The last time I tried, my kids and seven goats all had whiplash and everyone between our house and the county fair was highly entertained. Stop signs were ignored...luckily there were only two on the way there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I learned how to drive with a three on the tree. Definitely appreciate being forced to do it, though!

I wish I had learned on a stick first and then an automatic. I think I could have done better doing it that way. I am fine once I get shifted into second but always kill it taking off. Even the one tractor and I don't get along well. The backhoe and I are fine but it isn't real touchy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wish I had learned on a stick first and then an automatic. I think I could have done better doing it that way. I am fine once I get shifted into second but always kill it taking off. Even the one tractor and I don't get along well. The backhoe and I are fine but it isn't real touchy.

Over here if you learned on an automatic you are not allowed to drive a manual.But you can drive an automatic if you learned how to drive on a manual.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My parents made sure my first car was a stick, and I'll likely do the same for my kids. I learned on a stick and to this day really dislike driving autos. They're boring, and I never feel like they shift when I want them to.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My parents made sure my first car was a stick, and I'll likely do the same for my kids. I learned on a stick and to this day really dislike driving autos. They're boring, and I never feel like they shift when I want them to.

I never tried an auto, they are quite rare around here.
    They are only used by people who are missing a leg or an arm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom