Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know what ya mean

Another gun forum was having a shoot every spring in southern IN. started small and got to the point it wasn't fun anymore because of all the folks showing. Lack of courtesy at the line was very evident, sometimes to the point of being unsafe. Although you meet the best folks at shoots.

I like the idea that the L&S are by invitation only. I probably shouldn't be that way but I am. If there were a lot more people I most likely would not be there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Amazing how the leeches come out... IIRC someone even walked off with something at one...

That is why we do by invitation only. We always go to private property open to us by gracious people. Head count has to be controlled and no one is allowed to act out in any way. Everything is on display and if you are there it is known you can shoot anything I bring. And I bring a lot......:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Amazing how the leeches come out... IIRC someone even walked off with something at one...

bunch of the Monkeys mags walked off and no one said "oops, I accidentally got them"

that was the last time I even thought about going. Work to hard for what I got for it to walk off. Monkey was made right by the "good guys" on the forum, but we shouldn't of had to

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That is why we do by invitation only. We always go to private property open to us by gracious people. Head count has to be controlled and no one is allowed to act out in any way. Everything is on display and if you are there it is known you can shoot anything I bring. And I bring a lot......:)
    ^This^
    i have no issues walking away from my stuff, because I know there are no thieves in our group. Great people. The smiles are priceless.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think it would have been any of the regulars. I never understood why they let people come that weren't regulars any way.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't think it would have been any of the regulars. I never understood why they let people come that weren't regulars any way.

that's when it all went to hell, when "outsiders" were allowed in. Although the one incident of being unsafe at the line was a regular and when called on it acted like he did nothing wrong. All the hubby could do not to punch him. Be unsafe around the hubby or me, we'll walk away, unsafe around the boy.. you've done ****ed up bad

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that's when it all went to hell, when "outsiders" were allowed in. Although the one incident of being unsafe at the line was a regular and when called on it acted like he did nothing wrong. All the hubby could do not to punch him. Be unsafe around the hubby or me, we'll walk away, unsafe around the boy.. you've done ****ed up bad

I snatched up an idiot at the range for being an A$$ hat. But I am just a Bully so pay no heed.....:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like to spin my loaded pistols like the cowboys used to do... would that count.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    All that aside that meat was as good as it gets. We did sammy's with it but put that on a plate with some smashed tatters/your choice of sides and some sliced matters and OMFGIH.............................:drool:
    Wife and daughter already nailed some. She wants me to do one for her family Christmas:woot:

Good morning :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom