Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yeah, 150 bucks or so. Not a problem. :yesway:

Was looking at this one. RCA LED24C45RQ 1080p 60Hz HDTV - Walmart.com

Or you could just get something like this and watch TV right on your computer. Diamond Multimedia TVW750PEC TV Wonder 750 PCIE HD TV Tuner Card; ATSC, DVB-T, Clear-QAM Digital TV Support (unencrypted digital TV); PAL, SECAM, NTSC Analog TV Support; Intelligent Image Enhancement; 12-bit Resolution Audio and Video Decoder; Softwa You can put the TV in a separate window and still do other things at the same time. I run 2 monitors on my computer and put TV on one while I do whatever on the other.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Or you could just get something like this and watch TV right on your computer. Diamond Multimedia TVW750PEC TV Wonder 750 PCIE HD TV Tuner Card; ATSC, DVB-T, Clear-QAM Digital TV Support (unencrypted digital TV); PAL, SECAM, NTSC Analog TV Support; Intelligent Image Enhancement; 12-bit Resolution Audio and Video Decoder; Softwa You can put the TV in a separate window and still do other things at the same time. I run 2 monitors on my computer and put TV on one while I do whatever on the other.

Hmm... we've got a spare 15" monitor. Wonder if we could run it side-by-side with her 23" as a TV? But then it would not get Uverse, right? We've got a wireless Uverse receiver that we could use with a TV.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hmm... we've got a spare 15" monitor. Wonder if we could run it side-by-side with her 23" as a TV? But then it would not get Uverse, right? We've got a wireless Uverse receiver that we could use with a TV.

Whatever you plug into your TV can be plugged into that card. I have cable hooked up to mine. One thing though, if you want to run an additional monitor, that may also require an additional video card if your computer doesn't have one. There are combination cards that will provide TV as well as support for an additional monitor.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Whatever you plug into your TV can be plugged into that card. I have cable hooked up to mine. One thing though, if you want to run an additional monitor, that may also require an additional video card if your computer doesn't have one. There are combination cards that will provide TV as well as support for an additional monitor.

OK, will consider it as an option, thanks!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OK, will consider it as an option, thanks!

If we weren't so far apart, I'd be happy to help find one and install it for you. Hopefully you know somebody that can help. Its an easy job. Don't just go out and buy a card until you know for sure if it will fit your computer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom