Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back up to seven customized guns. But I may have to sell one. Got a little to free with giving money away.

I am going to take a serious look at my stuff after the open shoot on the 12th. I like to rotate the 1911's so I can build up new ones. Trouble is, I "Really" like the ones I have right now. Only have 4 but they have all gotten a fair amount of love and run like stink.......:)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was telling my buddy yesterday that I need to get a grip. I love buying and selling and modding, etc. But I have let too many good guns get away from me. My current collection is a little lopsided. I will soon have four compacts and a semi-compact.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Your guns are the most awesome shooting 1911s I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. I want one badly but I was a little too free with helping people out lately.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Small price to pay for daily visits from the terrorists and older sister. :yesway:

I would seriously pay about any price to keep them close by.
    I went over last night as the daughter cooked and we had a movie night. The terrorists and the older one snuggled up with me on the couch and the twins feel asleep on my lap. Life was good.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would seriously pay about any price to keep them close by.
    I went over last night as the daughter cooked and we had a movie night. The terrorists and the older one snuggled up with me on the couch and the twins feel asleep on my lap. Life was good.
    Young guys don't understand that's as good as life gets right there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Your guns are the most awesome shooting 1911s I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. I want one badly but I was a little too free with helping people out lately.

We all seem to have a weakness in that area. I give away far to much of my time and energy to others. But, in the end, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from that. A friend of my sons came over yesterday. He has a very nice 1971 Cutlass convertible that he is making into a 442 clone. It has not been running right and none of the shops he has taken it to can get it repaired. He came to me hat in hand and asked if I would look at it for him. 2 hrs.later it was sailing down the street. Simple adjustments and a carb base gasket (had one in the shop) and he was all smiles. He offered to pay me and I just shook his hand and asked that he pay that forward.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We all seem to have a weakness in that area. I give away far to much of my time and energy to others. But, in the end, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from that. A friend of my sons came over yesterday. He has a very nice 1971 Cutlass convertible that he is making into a 442 clone. It has not been running right and none of the shops he has taken it to can get it repaired. He came to me hat in hand and asked if I would look at it for him. 2 hrs.later it was sailing down the street. Simple adjustments and a carb base gasket (had one in the shop) and he was all smiles. He offered to pay me and I just shook his hand and asked that he pay that forward.
    I'm always happy to do it, as I'm sure you are. I just need to realize I don't make enough to help everybody. I've given away over $600 in the last two weeks and this payday was short a day. I just look at myself in the mirror and tell myself what a dumb **** I am.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm always happy to do it, as I'm sure you are. I just need to realize I don't make enough to help everybody. I've given away over $600 in the last two weeks and this payday was short a day. I just look at myself in the mirror and tell myself what a dumb **** I am.

Nah.....just a good soul.
    Wife and I have touched a lot of lives in a positive way through the years. She would give you the paint off the house if you were in need. She see'd the good in all things. We might be a bit ahead of the curve right now but like I said.....there is a certain amount of comfort that comes with helping.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Nah.....just a good soul.
    Wife and I have touched a lot of lives in a positive way through the years. She would give you the paint off the house if you were in need. She see'd the good in all things. We might be a bit ahead of the curve right now but like I said.....there is a certain amount of comfort that comes with helping.
    You're a lucky man. My ex would be *****ing up a storm if this had happened, and she knew about it, while we were married. She was a "what about me" type. Living alone sucks but living without her is a Godsend.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks BA...that means something coming from you.
    I'm a gun noob. Anyway, the FNS thing really intrigues me. I think the Phantom, that polymer full size you shot last time, would do well. But a) I have no holster for it B) I have no mag carriers at all anymore and C) I really don't want to embarrass myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're a lucky man. My ex would be *****ing up a storm if this had happened, and she knew about it, while we were married. She was a "what about me" type. Living alone sucks but living without her is a Godsend.

You just described my 2nd "X".....self centered Biatch of the highest order.
    She kept that part of her personality well hidden until shortly after the ring was in place.....Lesson learned.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You just described my 2nd "X".....self centered Biatch of the highest order.
    She kept that part of her personality well hidden until shortly after the ring was in place.....Lesson learned.
    Same here. That selfishness came out in spades later. Even my kids talk about it now. She lives 5 hours away from the grandsons and has only seen the little one once. I really don't get that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom