Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah...in this case you are absolutely correct. Night sights don't glow...used fingernail polish to make them visible. Rear sight was far left....gun shot right when sights were lined up. I did the best I could with what I had.

If it shot right when they were lined up that may be why they were offset to begin with. Problem with a gun like that is you can get it back to POA but only at specific distance.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yesterday a buddy stopped by for our weekly BS session. He's a Kimber guy. Always bragging on his expertise with his Pro CarryII. I tell him I have a new RO I just bought. He doesn't look impressed. When I bring her out and unzip the case, he looked like a 10 year boy who just saw his first set of boobs!! He will be with me tomorrow. Should be a fun time smoking kimbers all day!!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The 23c makes for some cool videos! Good job BNB, I didn't get the chance to watch them the other night.:yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah, company doesn't take care of their crap and don't want me to either. But I do see your point.
    If I was going to be there awhile I might buy my own version of the same gun and get it set up as well as possible. You have to be in a reasonably high risk area for a company to incur the risk of liability by arming its officers. That tells me it could very well go to hell in a hand basket. I would want to be as ready as I could and $500-$600 is less that what I value my life at.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yesterday a buddy stopped by for our weekly BS session. He's a Kimber guy. Always bragging on his expertise with his Pro CarryII. I tell him I have a new RO I just bought. He doesn't look impressed. When I bring her out and unzip the case, he looked like a 10 year boy who just saw his first set of boobs!! He will be with me tomorrow. Should be a fun time smoking kimbers all day!!
    Now that sounds like a good day. :yesway:. I particularly like to smoke certain brands myself.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    If I was going to be there awhile I might buy my own version of the same gun and get it set up as well as possible. You have to be in a reasonably high risk area for a company to incur the risk of liability by arming its officers. That tells me it could very well go to hell in a hand basket. I would want to be as ready as I could and $500-$600 is less that what I value my life at.

On site supervisor does random weapon checks. Checks #s. If they don't match there's a big problem. I've brought up my issues with my issued gun many times they never go anywhere. Not surprised about this considering this is the company who won't allow you to carry with one in the chamber yet requires us to wear a lvl2 bullet resistant vest on duty.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    On site supervisor does random weapon checks. Checks #s. If they don't match there's a big problem. I've brought up my issues with my issued gun many times they never go anywhere. Not surprised about this considering this is the company who won't allow you to carry with one in the chamber...
    :wow: I guess that's their hedge against the liability. Whoever made that policy wasn't smart enough to realize you can't have it both ways. I bet he isn't out there carrying those turds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Bring him down here. I will run open sites against any compact 1911. I know how those kimbers run. Accurate enough but not anywhere near a bulls-eye shooter.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    On site supervisor does random weapon checks. Checks #s. If they don't match there's a big problem. I've brought up my issues with my issued gun many times they never go anywhere. Not surprised about this considering this is the company who won't allow you to carry with one in the chamber yet requires us to wear a lvl2 bullet resistant vest on duty.
    Sounds like a company that doesn't put a whole lotta value on your decision making skills. What reasoning to they give for not having one in the chamber?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Sounds like a company that doesn't put a whole lotta value on your decision making skills. What reasoning to they give for not having one in the chamber?

No reasoning. Just "do this" and "sign here." Then take this NRA basic pistol class where you don't practice drawing or racking the slide to put one in the chamber, and we'll call you "trained." :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom