• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SE, on round two of the thunderstorms did you have any hail at your house?

I got pelted with dime to nickel sized hail.

Also if you have not looked at the radar, get ready round three is coming real fast and may be the worst of the 3.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE, on round two of the thunderstorms did you have any hail at your house?

I got pelted with dime to nickel sized hail.

Also if you have not looked at the radar, get ready round three is coming real fast and may be the worst of the 3.

No, I'm pretty sure we didn't get any hail. I think I'd have seen it. What side of town are you on? It seems like North of 40 always gets different weather than south of 40 and same with north and south of 70. :dunno:

Round three was pretty wicked. REAL nice lightning. A house a couple streets over got hit with lightning. I think 2 others did too somewhere here in saratoga. There were lots of fire trucks.

Anyway I think the worst is over so I'm off to bed. Finally. Wife can let me sleep a while. Bank doesn't close until noon. :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No, I'm pretty sure we didn't get any hail. I think I'd have seen it. What side of town are you on? It seems like North of 40 always gets different weather than south of 40 and same with north and south of 70. :dunno:

Round three was pretty wicked. REAL nice lightning. A house a couple streets over got hit with lightning. I think 2 others did too somewhere here in saratoga. There were lots of fire trucks.

Anyway I think the worst is over so I'm off to bed. Finally. Wife can let me sleep a while. Bank doesn't close until noon. :)

I'm about mile south of 70 between old and new 267. Round three was intense but round two we had way much more torrential winds and rain here. I got 6 inch gutters and rain was overflowing from them at the point the hail started coming down.

Because of the overflowing gutters in all drained into the crawl space and here it is 10am and the sump pump it still going off every minute. It pumps out 5 gallons every time it goes off. Think I'm going to build a 4 inch curb around the crawl entrance and them put a little slanted enclosure with shingle on it to stop this problem. Been here 5 years and until this year only had this happen 2 times, over the last 3 weeks because of all the heavy rain it's happened way more than I can keep track of.:xmad:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Some good news: I went to the bank yesterday and told them what I was wanting to do about our car, getting a different one. And go preapproved for a loan, so now we can goto a dealer, tell them what we want out of our car, and what we'll give them for the one we want. "And if you can't do that, we have a dozen more cars on this list, we'll just go find a dealer that will work with us...." SUCK IT!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not sure if there's anyone from Indy area on here interested, but Stout Field is having a "family day" of sorts. Gonna be Blackhawks all over, climbing walls, games for the kids, all kinds of stuff. From what I gather its free unless you buy things. Taking the kids. :D

This is gonna be AWESOME! :rockwoot:

I'm about mile south of 70 between old and new 267. Round three was intense but round two we had way much more torrential winds and rain here. I got 6 inch gutters and rain was overflowing from them at the point the hail started coming down.

Because of the overflowing gutters in all drained into the crawl space and here it is 10am and the sump pump it still going off every minute. It pumps out 5 gallons every time it goes off. Think I'm going to build a 4 inch curb around the crawl entrance and them put a little slanted enclosure with shingle on it to stop this problem. Been here 5 years and until this year only had this happen 2 times, over the last 3 weeks because of all the heavy rain it's happened way more than I can keep track of.:xmad:

Mmmmm Sump pump. Yummy! :): Yea, that's gotta suck. Had a friend with the same problem and solution. Helped them make it and it worked. Hopefully yours will as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom