• Status
    Not open for further replies.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    1. It's ridiculous that ALL departments won't let you carry what you are most comfortable with...That just seems like common sense?:dunno:

2. I'd really enjoy that PM...I can't blame you for not wanting to post it on a public forum, but I'd love to hear a story from a fellow INGO buddy when you have the time.;):ingo:

#1: I agree completely.......common sense isnt so common

#2: PM sent

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    OK, movie review time. Ongbak 2 was good (to me) but the voice actors weren't that great. the fight scenes were good.

Then Red Cliff: it was good, but not as much hand to hand. It seems to be more a documentary, but it was still good. Voice acting was on target.

Good night PWs, sleep well and be careful

Le Doug

Another movie if you haven't seen it yet is Law Aiding Citizen. There are some definite parts in it that let you know it's a movie........but I thought it was good.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    WHAT UP POST WHORES!?!?

I dunno what just happened to me. I was using my computer, then all the sudden, I got so sleepy I had to close my eyes and take a short rest. Next thing I know, I'm waking up and it's 0200 and Mom went to bed and left me sleeping on the couch! Of course, now that I slept way longer than I meant to, I am wide awake. I knew I could count on you guys to still be up, you whores!

Time to do some thread up-catching...

Dude, bro's before ho's man. Ho's come and go, but bro's are forever! Didntcha know? Sheesh! Where's a copy of the man rules? Some people around here need a reminder!

:laugh:

Here...
    Amazon.com: The Bro Code (9781439110003): Barney Stinson: Books

If you have never seen it, Barney Stinson is a character played by Neil Patrick Harris on the show "How I Met Your Mother". I really enjoy the show AND that character. He's a straight up :pimp:. I was really sad when I found out NPH is :gheyhi: IRL.

Anyway, I have the audio book form of The Bro Code, and it is 100% solid.

Maybe I should duct tape my head too:dunno: Marlyn Monroe thinks its sexy:D

P2270034.jpg

This needed to be requoted on the current page.

:laugh:

Ok, looking for a head count, who's planning on attending the Indy1500 on June 5th, 6th or 7th?

Uhm, well, I dunno who's gonna be there on the 7th. According to indy1500.com, the show is on the 4th, 5th, and 6th! ;)

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Another movie if you haven't seen it yet is Law Aiding Citizen. There are some definite parts in it that let you know it's a movie........but I thought it was good.
    Seconded on watching Law Abiding Citizen.

I'd take you up on trying out the 229 as long as it is in the morning. I work 2nd shift, and my employer gives us 2 days notice if we'll be working the weekend.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    No, I missed that post...

I'm beginning to wonder if someone actually CAN own too many firearms.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what type of info you are comfortable divulging on the interwebz, but what is a ball park figure on how many you own? It has to be an insane amount.

You can never own too many!!! I will tell you that I have 42 ammo cans full of ammo 20/50cal 18/30cal & 4/20mm, for the guns I own! :D I need Ins just for the cost of the ammo I own!! I have it logged in and priced out you would not believe how much money I have in ammo alone!! :D

You can't shoot without ammo.:D

While I don't have that much, the amount of ammo I own is much more comparable to yours than my firearms count...I only own around 25 firearms...I believe you bought that in a day once.:rolleyes:

BTW, wanna sell me some .308? I'm running low.:D

I just did the ammo Inventory for my Ins, it is $13,500 right now!! But I shoot 5000 rounds a year or more. Its hard to be a Firearms Instructor with out Firearms or ammo!! :D I will tell you I have 34 handguns right now!!

Holy :poop:! I'm on his team!

This made me LOL I think I peed alittle too!! :D

man, how old are you:dunno:
    :D

:lmfao:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I personally don't like the Sig, but thats just me. There is nothing wrong with them and in fact I will say they are like a Caddy.........it just doesn't my small little girly hands very well. Unfortunately it is what we issue (P229 in .40 with an X300 hanging) so it's what I have to carry. I'm hoping the rumors are correct and they are looking into allowing us to carry a 1911.

With all that being said, I have been in one shooting and it was with the Sig and I sure as hell didn't mind it then. I am proficiant with it, just the day to day things with it because it doesn't fit my hand.

You know what they say about guys with small hands...Small glove sizes.:):

That sucks that you can't just go out-of-pocket and carry what you are comfortable with...Not all departments are like that, are they?

BTW, I'd like to hear more about the "shooting" you were in...There probably isn't a thread about it is there?

Yeah, I started out carrying a Glock 23 in AZ and then started with a Sig here then we went to either a Glock 22 or 23 (our choice). Then we had fail to feed issues with the Glocks and the dept decided to s**t can them because Glock wouldn't work with us. I am banned from saying anymore on that topic on a public forum. There are rumors that they are warming up to 1911's but it would more than likely have to be at our cost. That doesn't bother me though because my off-duty carry is a Springfield Champion Operator. Most of the departments around here, at least the larger ones, are like that.

As far as my shooting..........no there isnt a thread on it and I don't wish to discuss it on a public forum. I will however send you a PM with the details if you want.

#1: I agree completely.......common sense isnt so common

#2: PM sent

Hmm, I thought it kinda made sense to all have the same sidearm because you'd all be able to share magazines in case of a long drawn out gun battle or something. But, I also see it making sense to let each officer carry what he can shoot best and is most comfortable using. Maybe just keep the standard issue in the cruiser or something? BUG?

I'd also be interested in reading that story, if ya don't mind, fpd.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think I have peed 85 times today.
    Just woke up from a nappy nap.
    This cortisone has my sleep schedule all screwy.

Dude I wish I could pee 85 times. I could have passed that kidney stone by now! :): I could drink a gallon of water and my body would just soak it up and sweat it out. :dunno: My kidney's not backed up or I'd be in the ER in PAIN.

Oh, and I hate them nappy naps. I wake up all sweaty and nasty feeling. That reminds me. I need a shower in the morning. I didn't get one today. I stiiiiiiiiink. :):

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm thinking about trading my XDm for a Sig...

I know I'm pretty new to the gun-owning gig, but as near as I can tell, one should never get rid of a gun! You'll just regret it later on. Better to hang on to it until you can afford the next addition to your collection. Otherwise, once you get rid of it, you may start getting those feelings like, "I used to have..." and "It was a pretty good gun..." and "I probably shouldn't've gotten rid of it..."

Just sayin my :twocents:! I personally haven't been in that boat, but I've read about it happening enough times on here that I've learned my lesson already.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Holy :poop:! I'm on his team!

Please elaborate.:scratch:

Dude I wish I could pee 85 times. I could have passed that kidney stone by now! :): I could drink a gallon of water and my body would just soak it up and sweat it out. :dunno: My kidney's not backed up or I'd be in the ER in PAIN.

Oh, and I hate them nappy naps. I wake up all sweaty and nasty feeling. That reminds me. I need a shower in the morning. I didn't get one today. I stiiiiiiiiink. :):

Damn, that REALLY sucks. I hope I never get a stone...I enjoy peeing freely very much.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know I'm pretty new to the gun-owning gig, but as near as I can tell, one should never get rid of a gun! You'll just regret it later on. Better to hang on to it until you can afford the next addition to your collection. Otherwise, once you get rid of it, you may start getting those feelings like, "I used to have..." and "It was a pretty good gun..." and "I probably shouldn't've gotten rid of it..."

Just sayin my :two cents:! I personally haven't been in that boat, but I've read about it happening enough times on here that I've learned my lesson already.

AS much as I want to heed that advice, I look at it this way: Too many guns = too many calibers = too many calibers to stockpile = no money.

I bought a S&W Sigma 40. Didn't like it at ALL so i traded it for my Baby Eagle in 9mm. Will never get rid of it. Love this gun. Bought a Marlin 30AW. Loved it, but wanted something cheaper to shoot. Traded for an SKS. Loved the SKS. But I got hooked on the AR platform. Traded for cash for an AR. Built an AR. Built a .22 AR. Traded the .22 AR for a tricked out Glock cause I wanted a second pistol. Sold the laser, bought a cheap revolver and a shotgun. Sold the Glock, and the shotgun, got a Saiga 20ga. Didn't like any of them. Sold them for a Remington 700. Sold the AR cause I had to for the money. Traded the Remington for the Ramcharger. (The only trade I regret) Got on my feet again, considered another AR, or an SKS, bought the SKS. Then I bought a cheap Savage .22 for the kids. Now I've got the Ramcharger sold for far less than I gave for it (hopefully this guy actually buys it) and I'm looking to get a Walther P22 with the money.

Point is, I bought, sold, and traded to get the firearms I want and feel most comfortable with. I thought I wanted a Glock because everyone had them and mags and ammo would be plentiful if SHTF. Hated the gun so I got rid of it.

Trade until you find what you like and stick with it. You have your whole life to build your collection. Get what you need for SHTF NOW, get proficient with it, stockpile ammo and mags for it, then worry about toys as you can afford it.

That's my philosophy anyway. ;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Point is, I bought, sold, and traded to get the firearms I want and feel most comfortable with. I thought I wanted a Glock because everyone had them and mags and ammo would be plentiful if SHTF. Hated the gun so I got rid of it.

Trade until you find what you like and stick with it. You have your whole life to build your collection. Get what you need for SHTF NOW, get proficient with it, stockpile ammo and mags for it, then worry about toys as you can afford it.

That's my philosophy anyway. ;)

Good point. Repped.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Alright guys. I'm a quitter. Gotta get up with the kids so I can let the wife sleep in for a change. Night everyone!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Just sayin my :two cents:! I personally haven't been in that boat, but I've read about it happening enough times on here that I've learned my lesson already.

My firearms collection and ammo stockpile wouldn't be nearly as large as it is if I didn't buy/sell firearms...

I find a great deal, I buy it...Once I've given the firearm a few range visits and I find that it isn't my fit, I sell it for what it's worth and I sell it for a profit.

I don't use this site for that though.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My firearms collection and ammo stockpile wouldn't be nearly as large as it is if I didn't buy/sell firearms...

I find a great deal, I buy it...Once I've given the firearm a few range visits and I find that it isn't my fit, I sell it for what it's worth and I sell it for a profit.

I don't use this site for that though.

OK, well, I guess perhaps it isn't so bad to sell/trade away a gun.

But I sure ain't ready to make that kind of step yet!

PS - I think I'm gonna put Teh Big L on again... yay for Netflix streaming!

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hmm, I thought it kinda made sense to all have the same sidearm because you'd all be able to share magazines in case of a long drawn out gun battle or something. But, I also see it making sense to let each officer carry what he can shoot best and is most comfortable using. Maybe just keep the standard issue in the cruiser or something? BUG?

I'd also be interested in reading that story, if ya don't mind, fpd.

That is pretty much the reason they give.......however there are very few if any documented cases of Officers sharing mags. Has it happened, I'm sure it has, but it's not as widespread as they want to make it sound. I could see wanting all the same caliber, but I won't fight for that because that would hinder me carrying the 1911.....:D

I'll try and forward it to you as well. I don't mind sharing, I just don't want it out on a public forum where everyone can read it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, well, I guess perhaps it isn't so bad to sell/trade away a gun.

But I sure ain't ready to make that kind of step yet!

PS - I think I'm gonna put Teh Big L on again... yay for Netflix streaming!

Hahaha, I just realized I put "I sell" one too many times in my post, but you quoted it, so I can't edit now.:):

You just need to buy TBL...It never gets old...IMO

That is pretty much the reason they give.......however there are very few if any documented cases of Officers sharing mags. Has it happened, I'm sure it has, but it's not as widespread as they want to make it sound. I could see wanting all the same caliber, but I won't fight for that because that would hinder me carrying the 1911.....:D

I'll try and forward it to you as well. I don't mind sharing, I just don't want it out on a public forum where everyone can read it.

It's still dumb that they won't allow it if you are shelling out $$$ from your own pocket to carry what you are comfortable with...Granted, it's only your life on the line if you ever happen to need that extra little bit.:n00b::n00b::n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom