• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm really tired. Looking forward to the game, but I'm tired.

Did an 14-hour work day followed by an early morning and then a long drive home.

I have another early morning tomorrow.

I need another vacation...

In fact, who decided on only a 2-day weekend?

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Hey guys... who likes cheap ice cream?

This week only, if you buy a blizzard at Dairy Queen, you can get a second one for only 25¢!

Click here to get the coupon:
    http://bit.ly/a1JrIm

ETA - I'm unaware of any bacon blizzards, but I hope you guys still like the offer.
    :rockwoot: Thanks! Blizzards are one of my vices... Next to beer. It's kind of ironic that the West side Evansville's DQ and the nearest liquor store are next to each other.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man what a busy day. Wife cleaned like MAD today while I did the garage and took the kids for a bike ride. Was suppose to go do something else today, but until we get the rest of my wife's money from her severance I've got 0 gas to go anywhere outside of town. Days like these just SUCK.

HOLY CARP! Post 14K! :rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    :rockwoot: Thanks! Blizzards are one of my vices... Next to beer. It's kind of ironic that the West side Evansville's DQ and the nearest liquor store are next to each other.

I live 5 blocks away from there!:D

me too :D
    actually I can see the DQ sign out my living room window...it just stands there starring at me..taunting me with its frosty goodness!:dunno:

How ironic is it that even though I live up here in the Indy area that I know exactly where you're talking about, and if you look at google earth at the liquor store the beer truck in front of the store is our company's southern division truck.

Plus I can't even count how many times I've delivered there when it was to busy for them to handle the volume and I brought the product down from Indy to there.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm getting ready to throw my 1 1/2 inch thick ribeye on the grill that I've been marinating since last night.

The coals are lit and I haven't even contemplated about sides yet...I like my steaks mid-rare, so I have about 10 minutes to whip something up.:):

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    How do you guys like your steaks prepared and cooked?

Me:

1. Worchestershire sauce(marinated for at least an hour)
    2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (lightly coated over the steak)
    3. A very generous portion of Kosher salt(all it does is create a very nice crust on the steak, doesn't dry it out or make it taste too salty).
    4. Steak rub(usually my own blend and just a lite coat)
    5. Lite coat of pepper(ground or freshly ground, depending on my mood)
    6. Lite coat of garlic powder.

Seared on each side for one minute, then grilled for 4 minutes, flipped and grilled for another 3-4 minutes.

Take the steak off, lightly wrap in aluminum foil for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute, then ENJOY!

Medium rare perfection. I've really been dialing in on my new Weber(the last one got ran over, so I got a bigger size).

My last 4 ribeyes I've made are in the top 5-6 best steaks I've ever had(I think the whole ribeye I bought is better quality than the others)...I'd never order a steak at a restaurant when I can grill one better myself for a third of the price.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I like my steak still mooing:D

cover in "six pepper" and a bit of pure olive oil,sear on both sides for 2-3 min each side then let sit in foil for 10min.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Kara is helping her Mom out early tomorrow morning so, she's staying on the west side tonight...So it's free reign for us(Xander and I) to do whatever we want.

For dinner, I'm having a ~18 ounce ribeye with no sides for dinner and Xander(5) is having pretzels dipped in peanut butter with a glass of chocolate milk.:laugh:

I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he asked what his options were and I told him anything...He looked at me and said "anything???" When he asked for pretzels dipped in peanut butter and I told him "sure" and I thought he was going to fall on the floor he was so excited and laughing so hard.

"Pretzels and peanut butter for dinner!" He just kept repeating.:laugh:

We have to make the best of these limited opportunities.:D

He also asked if he could have a beer after he finished and I told him sure...In 16 years he can have as many as he wants.:):

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Kara is helping her Mom out early tomorrow morning so, she's staying on the west side tonight...So it's free reign for us(Xander and I) to do whatever we want.

For dinner, I'm having a ~18 ounce ribeye with no sides for dinner and Xander(5) is having pretzels dipped in peanut butter with a glass of chocolate milk.:laugh:

I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he asked what his options were and I told him anything...He looked at me and said "anything???" When he asked for pretzels dipped in peanut butter and I told him "sure" and I thought he was going to fall on the floor he was so excited and laughing so hard.

"Pretzels and peanut butter for dinner!" He just kept repeating.:laugh:

We have to make the best of these limited opportunities.:D

He also asked if he could have a beer after he finished and I told him sure...In 16 years he can have as many as he wants.:):

Hahaha thats hilarious, I can just picture a 5yr old repeating that and cracking up. Something you would see on Americas funniest home videos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom