• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    let's see.... Just passed 1000 posts so i need to find that club and sign up.
    The mower is on a trickle-charge because my dad sat there and cranked it yesterday untill it died instead of having me fix it.
    watching and lightly rooting for the baylor under-dogs. but i don't care either way, i don't have a bracket.

Yesterday i bought a kayak, might go start another thread on that subject.

What kayak did you get?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    AH-HA! See!? That's what was happening to me before with 598. Prolly the same ol' business. I dunno. It's being gay.

Hey question about the 40-post pages... normally when you click the little arrow next to the thread title on the UserCP (subscribed threads with new posts), it will take me to the newest unread post in that thread, but it doesn't quite seem to be working in the 40-post view. Is it just because the site isn't working right tonight, or does that never work for you either?

Never had a problem like that. Just tried it and it seems to be working fine. I think the mods are messing with us. :):

BTW, I just click the link in my email instead of the subscribed threads. It's easier and faster, IMO.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    RAW is like a digital negative. You have a lot of flexibility to edit parameters within a raw file. You can change exposure settings, etc in a raw file and then you "develop" it into a .tiff, .jpeg, etc.

A jpeg file can be high res. It is a format used to scale down the file size of a graphic or photo. It is lossy, though. Which means that each time you edit and save a jpeg file it loses some quality. Save your raw files as .tiffs when you develop them. Tiffs are large files but don't degrade.

Haha, yep that's why I changed my camera setting to take both RAW pictures and jpeg fine...I just forgot why.:n00b:

I haven't dabbled much with the editing aspect yet, but I have a couple of TB external hard drives I can put my pictures on, so I have time to figure it out.:)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    :rockwoot: woohoo Im a rifleman! first AQT as well. I think I can get a better score after my hand and leg heals up...getting into position and holding the rifle was a killer on my ankle and wrist..but I made myself bear through it.:yesway:

Totally
    original_image.gif

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Man... just tried to make a deal on some ammo in the Classifieds, but the DB sold it to somebody else before me! What a DB!

hehe, sorry SE, couldn't resist!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    AH-HA! See!? That's what was happening to me before with 598. Prolly the same ol' business. I dunno. It's being gay.

Hey question about the 40-post pages... normally when you click the little arrow next to the thread title on the UserCP (subscribed threads with new posts), it will take me to the newest unread post in that thread, but it doesn't quite seem to be working in the 40-post view. Is it just because the site isn't working right tonight, or does that never work for you either?
    On pages that have graphics it sometimes messes up due to the load of the pics.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    To randomly interject - the real, final answer about whether Lady Gaga has man parts or not -
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qBFNaA7u1E]YouTube - Lady Gaga - Telephone (CHATROULETTE VERSION)[/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    RAW is like a digital negative. You have a lot of flexibility to edit parameters within a raw file. You can change exposure settings, etc in a raw file and then you "develop" it into a .tiff, .jpeg, etc.

A jpeg file can be high res. It is a format used to scale down the file size of a graphic or photo. It is lossy, though. Which means that each time you edit and save a jpeg file it loses some quality. Save your raw files as .tiffs when you develop them. Tiffs are large files but don't degrade.

FFS, Big, who still uses .jpg and .tiff?

.PNG FTGDW, man.

Portable Network Graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.PNG FOREVER!

Lossless, relatively low filesize, allows transparency, no image artifacts, and it supports compression and color schemes up to 24-bit.

.tiff... get that trash outta here, please.
    There's no need for it unless one plans on working with 32-bit or greater color depths, or unless you're a REALLY finicky graphic artist, and even then the advantages aren't great. Tagging is nice, setting parameters are nice, but there's nothing in metadata that cannot be handled by an external application. *glove slap* J'accuse!

RAW to .png. Simple, lossless, and in almost all cases, no color depth degradation. :popcorn:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    FFS, Big, who still uses .jpg and .tiff?

.PNG FTGDW, man.

Portable Network Graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.PNG FOREVER!

Lossless, relatively low filesize, allows transparency, no image artifacts, and it supports compression and color schemes up to 24-bit.

.tiff... get that trash outta here, please.
    There's no need for it unless one plans on working with 32-bit or greater color depths, or unless you're a REALLY finicky graphic artist, and even then the advantages aren't great. Tagging is nice, setting parameters are nice, but there's nothing in metadata that cannot be handled by an external application. *glove slap* J'accuse!

RAW to .png. Simple, lossless, and in almost all cases, no color depth degradation. :popcorn:

Yeah, I've always wondered why PNG seems to be such a well-kept secret, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom