• Status
    Not open for further replies.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    We let people keep thier horses in are gated pasture free of charge..
    I figured since i didnt have anything in the pasture they would help keep it down.
    am i wrong in assuming since we dont charge them for anything, like electric in the barn for the lights they leave on all the time, wouldnt it be courtious of them To OFFER to, I dont know, paint the fence or maybe mow the pasture or just generally help to maintain the facility that i let them use to board thier animals.
    Im not trying to be a richard caranium, i just dont understant the duality of people sometimes

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    samot, I know it is common for hunters that get permission to hunt someone's property to offer to help out with some of those types chores. I don't see why someone getting free pasture use wouldn't do the same. You could just run sheep or goats and screw them.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I figured since i didnt have anything in the pasture they would help keep it down.
    am i wrong in assuming since we dont charge them for anything, like electric in the barn for the lights they leave on all the time, wouldnt it be courtious of them To OFFER to, I dont know, paint the fence or maybe mow the pasture or just generally help to maintain the facility that i let them use to board thier animals.
    Im not trying to be a richard caranium, i just dont understant the duality of people sometimes

I would politely tell them: "Hey guys! I need some help getting some work done around the field/pasture. I'd really appreciate your help!"

If they say "Oh, sorry, we can't do it" then I'd would reply "Oh, ok. Well, if I have to start paying someone to help me maintain my field/pasture, I'm going to have to recoup those losses by charging you for storing your horse there, I'm sure you understand."

That's how I'd go about it. It's polite, but firm. No passive aggressive for me!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Yeah, I would offer. But sometimes people just take advantage. Maybe you should give them a choice. Tell them it was more work than you thought it would be and they could either pay a fee or help out with the labor.

Heck, I'd even take payments in Bacon :D

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Rite on ...... thanks guys
    I mean.... they use my well water, my electric pays to pump the well & light the lightbulbs in the barn....
    I think i will wait & see what happens this winter, if they try & plug the water heater thingy up to keep the water from freezing without offering to monitarily help us im gonna throw a monkey wrench into the situation !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom