Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You ever had one blow up?

yep..I hold a standing record of blowing up 7 cylinders:rockwoot:
    next guy in lin ehas only blown up 2:D

most of the ones that I have blown up blew at less than 3,000 psi..but I had one blow at 10,000 psi..it broke the saftey bars off my test jacket and sent a peice of the test head through a section of air duct and out the ceiling..never found it. it was the loudest thing I have ever heard..we have sense reinforced our test jackets and test head to withstand more...could of been very bad!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    The pressure in those is like 2000 psi, I cant remember off hand how much pressure it takes to explode one

the test pressure is 3,360psi{2,015 fill pressure} on most of them though some of the newer ones and all of the "M6" sized clinders is 3,775{2,265 fill} ..we test them 10% over fill pressure. you can actually blow them up with less if the cylinder is damaged..its my job to make sure they have no damage..and other than using ultra sonics{which is what I do now} the only way to check for damage is to try and blow them up.
    its actually almost impossible to "blow them up" they are made to "split"...but still a rapid discharge of compressed air will do some damage...no shrpanel though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom