• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I thought about a Glock as well.
    I wish they would build one without that goofy grip angle.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    check with somat, he has a few HKs and might know about the clones
    Actually, Mine are Clones.
    They are built with a combination of HK & US parts.

RH , that is a Century built HK 93 clone.
    i have heard some hit & miss reviews on these but nothing that bad.
    Not a bad price IMO.
    Buy that puppy , throw ya a bipod on it & decent scope & shoot the heck out of it.............. or just shoot it like it is :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Hey HK what type of hearing protection were you using Saturday?

These!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-E-MAX-Profile-Electronic-Muffs/dp/B001B8ONZI/ref=sr_1_19?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285641981&sr=8-19]Amazon.com: Caldwell E-MAX Low Profile Electronic Muffs: Gateway[/ame]

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You want a Glock... :faint:

I try not to let the fanboys know this when I'm raising their blood pressure, but I've owned a couple. The 23 was an absolute POS, but my 19 was a great gun. More importantly, it was a great carry gun. The size and weight are perfect.

I'm trying to build an SHTF arsenal. The Glock is legendary for it's ability to tolerate neglect and abuse, and keep working. If cleaning supplies run out, or I'm unable to use them as much as I should, I'm comfortable the Glock can tolerate it and still function quite well. No matter the weather conditions, it'll work. It's easy to work on, easy to stockpile parts for, easy to find goodies for quite cheaply. I can find accessories everywhere. I'm considering trying for a reserve police officer position, and I think it would benefit me to be carrying something at least similar to what they are carrying.

I dearly love my P95, and I doubt I'd like a Glock quite as much, but I'd like it just fine, and the Ruger doesn't offer many of the above advantages, aside from sheer toughness and reliability. I'm not at all certain how it would stand up to abuse and neglect, and don't propose to find out with my carry gun! So, sooner or later, I reckon I'll get a Glock.

But I'll post reviews saying it sucks, just to see how many coronaries I can cause :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom