• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    JackRyan has me wanting a black powder revolver...like I need more things on my want list! Ive been researching them this morning and they are fairly inexpensive...talk about fun to shoot though!:draw:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I always base my movie choices on how much **** blows up. It's the way to be.

Well if blowing up shet is the way we should base our choices, then my wife stopping by on her way home from church and picking Hurt Locker is going to be a hoot for me to watch!

Imagine now guys, Popcorn, Coke Zero, Sony 7.1 THX, Blu-Ray and that 108 inch monster screen with a 1920x1200 1080p output from the projector.

I get to watch things blow up LIFESIZE!!!:rockwoot:

That is as soon as I get up from here and pop the corn I'm off to my Man Cave Treehouse.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Well if blowing up shet is the way we should base our choices, then my wife stopping by on her way home from church and picking Hurt Locker is going to be a hoot for me to watch!

Imagine now guys, Popcorn, Coke Zero, Sony 7.1 THX, Blu-Ray and that 108 inch monster screen with a 1920x1200 1080p output from the projector.

That is as soon as I get up from here and pop the corn I'm off to my Man Cave Treehouse.
    Dang, I only have a 46" Samsung. How much did you drop on that setup?

Also, Hurt Locker is a great movie. There isn't a whole lot of stuff that blows up, but it's enough.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Reeeeehh, Reeeeehh, Reeeeehh!!!

Attention FIREBASE INGO members we have a possible new target....

Noob with 5 post none of them longer than 8 and I mean EIGHT LETTERS!!!

A call to arms may be needed by our loyal INGO brethren, be prepared in case Operation "Red Block" needs to be enacted!:D

firebaseingo.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Using a projector is one of the cheapest ways to get a huge screen. You can get good ones for under a grand, and then the only thing limiting your screen size is how much wall space you have! It's a fairly common thing around my school, and it is usually part of a pretty cool setup.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Got the projector for 1100.00 after rebate
    Screen, got 2 of them, got 1st one for 109.00 2nd one is real screen material from the old Mooresville Movies (building is now the school corporations office) that was free!
    Sony 7.1 THX Surround 189.00 on sale, plus it was a misprice :D
    Speakers are from my old Panasonic 5.1 system and broke 2 out of retirement. Maybe 290.00 total for the speakers.
    Blu-Ray, straight up trade for some old ammo a friend wanted.

Total right about 1600.00 and 3 years ago you could'nt touch anything over 63 inches for around 2500.00. I feel I got my $$$'s worth and a whole lot more.

Looking at that 53x94 screen is a joyous occasion whn I fire it up!

Using a projector is one of the cheapest ways to get a huge screen. You can get good ones for under a grand, and then the only thing limiting your screen size is how much wall space you have! It's a fairly common thing around my school, and it is usually part of a pretty cool setup.

Using a wall by itself will do, I did that for about 6 months until I got my screen. What people fail to realize is that most walls are painted with flat paint, and flat paint is not reflective for a reason. Unless you have a perfectly smooth wall it's not advisable to use glossy paint because it will show every little imperfection.

So flat paint is really a fail at picture quality, when I got my screen (while on the cheap side) it was vastly superior to a painted wall. I'm using this setup untill I get a frame housing built for the real deal screen material and mount it up.

Last edited:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Got the projector for 1100.00 after rebate
    Screen, got 2 of them, got 1st one for 109.00 2nd one is real screen material from the old Mooresville Movies (building is now the school corporations office) that was free!
    Sony 7.1 THX Surround 189.00 on sale, plus it was a misprice :D
    Speakers are from my old Panasonic 5.1 system and broke 2 out of retirement. Maybe 290.00 total for the speakers.
    Blu-Ray, straight up trade for some old ammo a friend wanted.

Total right about 1600.00 and 3 years ago you could'nt touch anything over 63 inches for around 2500.00. I feel I got my $$$'s worth and a whole lot more.

Looking at that 53x94 screen is a joyous occasion whn I fire it up!
    Not bad at all. I have roughly $1000 wrapped up in mine, without surround sound. But I do have these: Newegg.com - Logitech Z-2300 200 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System - Speakers. They're enough to rattle the windows, and I haven't been able to get them to distort.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not bad at all. I have roughly $1000 wrapped up in mine, without surround sound. But I do have these: Newegg.com - Logitech Z-2300 200 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System - Speakers. They're enough to rattle the windows, and I haven't been able to get them to distort.

While 2.1 is nice, it really doesn't give the sound effects of 5.1or 7.1.

Maybe one of the problems that you can't get them to distort is not enough amps. :D

The farthest I've turned my up to is 42 out of 50 and that's pretty high on the db's. I'll take my sound meter up stairs and check when I watch the movie and see just how high I can get it without distortion and still keep my rear our of the ringer with the wife for getting "out of hand" as she says.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a high def sony projector collecting dust at my house. Used it at my home theater in my old house in Colorado. Don't have a basement in this house, so it is just a 60 inch plasma for me!

I do have higher-end audio components. Klipsch speakers, and my receivers are a Denon AVR 4800 and a new Onkyo 707.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe i should get a new tv to replace my 13inch rca.

My laptop has a bigger sceen. Heck, my desktop has a 20" screen that I bought on ebay 3 years ago for $60!!! :D

[crossfingers]I sure hope this guy coming today really does buy my RamCharger. Then I can finally fix my F150! :D [/crossfingers]

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    While 2.1 is nice, it really doesn't give the sound effects of 5.1or 7.1.

Maybe one of the problems that you can't get them to distort is not enough amps. :D

The farthest I've turned my up to is 42 out of 50 and that's pretty high on the db's. I'll take my sound meter up stairs and check when I watch the movie and see just how high I can get it without distortion and still keep my rear our of the ringer with the wife for getting "out of hand" as she says.
    I'm looking for a 5 or 7.1, but this works quite well for the moment. I've never had these speakers past 2/3 volume; half volume is nearly unbearable.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I have a high def sony projector collecting dust at my house. Used it at my home theater in my old house in Colorado. Don't have a basement in this house, so it is just a 60 inch plasma for me!

I do have higher-end audio components. Klipsch speakers, and my receivers are a Denon AVR 4800 and a new Onkyo 707.
    Are you aware that we have a Klipsch engineer on the board?

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Re-loaded my mags from yesterday's SKS shoot.
    I only went through 200 7.62, 200 5.56, and 150 9 mm.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Maybe we need to find a place to hang that thang! :rockwoot:

Klipsh and Onkyo, ouch, nowhere near able to obtain anything like that. You sir, ARE the SOUND MASTER!:yesway:

I'm looking for a 5 or 7.1, but this works quite well for the moment. I've never had these speakers past 2/3 volume; half volume is nearly unbearable.

Bear with me on this a bit....

9 years ago when I first went HD, I bought a JVC 63 inch HD TV from Bust Buy (you'll see why for the nickname), and the dropped it, yea that's right DROPPED it from about 2 foot off the ground. Well since it had been on the truck for more than 4 hours I could not check anything out till the glass on the lens warmed up. When it did, all the optics was out of wack. The sent out a tech and it broke 7 of the 12 aligning screws so away it went.

Called them back about it and the was out of stock and did not know when it would be it, but offered up a 48inch Mitsubishi for 300.00 less, so I jumped on it and the said the would have it out next Sat.

Waited all day for the delivery that was supposed to be there Sat. morn between 9-12 because I had my in-laws anniversary to go to. I waited, waited, waited and the never showed up. I called over 5 times and each time they're on the way sir. They finally show up SUNDAY unannounced at 6:00am WTF????

I go in Sun afternoon to run someone into the ground because I'm still peeved about the loos of the JVC. So while I;m standing there the guy in fron of him is chewing him out also because of the delivery. BB guy offers up a Koss 5dvd 5.1 surround unit free of charge. When he's done with him, I stroll up and tell him he's going to better than that. He asked for my name and when I told him I see him mutter with a wince. He tells me "be right back" some 5 minutes later he strolls around the corner with the same Koss and a Panasonic DVR/DVD recorder.:D Woo Hoo.

I know, I know, long and rambling but still got that Koss today for the TV in the sunroom and it has provided decent sound, considering it's not a high end item, at the time it's reg price was 249.00 and was on sale for 189.00

Maybe i should get a new tv to replace my 13inch rca.

13 inch...

13 inch... Heck my monitor in front of me is a VeiwSonic 26.5 HD monitor.

Heck I remember when I was 12 years old and our second TV was a 13 inch BW Magnavox, and man I consider that the dark ages now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom