Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Seriously?

So my ACOG is for bolt actions?

Come on buddy, almost every AR in the armed forces is mounted with an EOTech, Aimpoint, Some Israeli thing or ACOG. And they seem to do okay.
    My father in law survived two tours in Viet Nam and never had a gay scope on his rifle.
    Besides, with the price of an ACOG, I'll just buy another AR!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Well, got all my stuff piled in the living room to load in the truck in the morning for Crosley. I'm gonna get outta here for the night cuz I'll be getting up early. It's a little bit of a drive for me.

Nite folks!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm gonna try out one of those on my Mossy tomorrow. Its an ultra el-cheapo though.

zombiekiller008.jpg

I have heard that the el-cheapos don't hold up well to recoil.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Well, got all my stuff piled in the living room to load in the truck in the morning for Crosley. I'm gonna get outta here for the night cuz I'll be getting up early. It's a little bit of a drive for me.

Nite folks!

I already put some stuff in my SUV, I'd like to sleep but I'll be lucky if I get a few hours, see you in the morning Supr

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    My father in law survived two tours in Viet Nam and never had a gay scope on his rifle.
    Besides, with the price of an ACOG, I'll just buy another AR!

My thinking exactly. For the price of one of the real high quality optics that are actually worth putting on there, I could buy another gun or a whole lot of ammo. IMO field of vision suffers some with scopes or red dots. You can only see what you see through the optic. Someone could be close and sneaking in from the side and you'd have more trouble catching them in your periphial vision than if you were just running irons. And then you gotta search around for them to find them. For a battle rifle I'll just stick to irons. Long range I'll grab something with a scope :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :): Sorry SE but if I were going to buy a truck it would be a 4x4. Plus I'm selling this stuff to pay off a credit card so I can get a car loan easier to buy a newer car off of a friend of mine. :D

Actually... it IS 4x4. Extended cab too.... ;) Bench seat front and back. You know what that's good for! :D

I have heard that the el-cheapos don't hold up well to recoil.

No, they don't. When it comes to ANY optics, one thing I've learned is you truly, honestly get what you pay for.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm trying to stop drinking diet drinks after I found out what the aspartame does to your body over long periods of time. After I finish up what I've got I'm not buying anymore. I'll just drink other low carb alternatives. Like lately at work I've been drinking alot of Gatorade G2 or Powerade Zero along with water. But then on break I'll have a Pepsi throwback, or Mt Dew throwback. I'm sure the real sugar is better than the high fructose corn syrup anyways. :):

Coke Zero contains no aspartame, it has Splendid which is derived from sugar.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Actually... it IS 4x4. Extended cab too.... ;) Bench seat front and back. You know what that's good for! :D

No, they don't. When it comes to ANY optics, one thing I've learned is you truly, honestly get what you pay for.

Well that's better than 2x4. But its still an autotragic trans, and a bad on at that. I'll stick to my manuals. :D If I didn't need the money to pay off the credit card so i can get the loan easier, I'd think about it. ;)

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    But how long do you want that scope to zero?

The BSA on my 30-06 is zeroed for 200 yards. And I know the drop of my ammo all the way out to 800 yards. And with it being a Mil dot that helps even more. And if you are talking about how well it'll hold zero. Well it's held so far just fine and that was with using it hunting last summer for deer control permits and lowering and raising it up and down out of the treestand.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    My thinking exactly. For the price of one of the real high quality optics that are actually worth putting on there, I could buy another gun or a whole lot of ammo. IMO field of vision suffers some with scopes or red dots. You can only see what you see through the optic. Someone could be close and sneaking in from the side and you'd have more trouble catching them in your periphial vision than if you were just running irons. And then you gotta search around for them to find them. For a battle rifle I'll just stick to irons. Long range I'll grab something with a scope :twocents:

Actually I can shoot both eyes open with my holographic which opens my field of view.
    Try as I might I haven't been able to do that with iron sights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom