• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Has anyone ever thought about moving out of country? I had the idea today that when my lease is up to move to South America. Or even Australia or an island of some sort.

As much as I don't like the way some things are going with this country, I still prefer to stay right here.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Has anyone ever thought about moving out of country? I had the idea today that when my lease is up to move to South America. Or even Australia or an island of some sort.
    One of the docs I worked with said a normal American salary could buy a very nice house in Venezuela. :dunno:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I've been looking at the Serpa Holsters lately, but I read somewhere that because of the finger release, there have been some ADs when pulling it from the holster.

what do you gun wizzards know about this?

I have a SERPA for my XDm. I used it at the PW shoot. If you depress the "button" and draw, your finger is on the frame once you clear the holster.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I don't even wanna make it permanent don't get me wrong. But I'm 19 my lease is up in less than 2 months. And I'm not married don't hardly speak with my family anymore. And I'm unemployed. But I get a large check in October. And I was thinking WTH ill go to Chile for a year see what its like. I have nothing around here to keep me around why not adventure.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    No guns in Australia.

actually i dont think thats entirely true, i believe you can get a license to own certain hunting/old military rifles, probably all bolt action stuff *shrug* im not entirely sure

another page ownage, with actual content this time, hooray!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    actually i dont think thats entirely true, i believe you can get a license to own certain hunting/old military rifles, probably all bolt action stuff *shrug* im not entirely sure

another page ownage, with actual content this time, hooray!

I have a friend that lives down in Australia and he says it's almost impossible for a foreigner to get permission to own a firearm, his wife is able to own rifles because they live on a ranch.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Well that totally rules out Australia for me. Maybe ill just go to Brazil or something. Can I take my gun there?

As a foreigner you probably won't be able to take your gun to any other country, have you considered moving to another state?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've considered moving to another Country as well. Instead, I think I'd rather just move to Montana or Alaska. That's enough change for me. :D

If I DID move to another Country, I'd go to a place in Southeast Asia on an Island chain and I'd make sure I could move REALLY easy. That way if I had to defend myself I could leave quickly and quietly.... :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    1. I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    2. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
    3. I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    4. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
    5. I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    6. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
    7. I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    8. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
    9. I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    10. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
    11. I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    12. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
    13. I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    14. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
    15. I don't carry a gun because I am a cowboy.
    16. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
    17. I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    18. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
    19. I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    20. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
    21. I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    22. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
    23. Police protection is an oxymoron.
    24. Free citizens must protect themselves.
    25. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
    26. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.
    Author unknown (but obviously brilliant).

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm here!!! Miss me? :D

Of course, if I were here myself anyways, lol

I've been busy the last couple of days. My sister came home from Seattle for a visit and I was busy getting ready for yesterday. Had a cookout and fireworks show. Invited some family, friends, and a few people from church. Then my sister, fellow INGO member Yamaha, and I all lit off the fireworks and had a good time. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm thinking about hitting the range in the morning. Roush for anyone wondering.

If I didn't have my car to work on, I'd be there! I just did some work on my Springfield mil spec today and wanna get some practice in with it. But I'll definitely be going to a range sometime after next weekend. I'm trading my Springfield 1911 with V12 porting for a Kimber custom compact :D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I don't even wanna make it permanent don't get me wrong. But I'm 19 my lease is up in less than 2 months. And I'm not married don't hardly speak with my family anymore. And I'm unemployed. But I get a large check in October. And I was thinking WTH ill go to Chile for a year see what its like. I have nothing around here to keep me around why not adventure.
    There's jobs down here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom