• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've only met him once and he seems like a hothead. He's already threatend to shoot my buddy, and I'm just thinking if he shows up all crazy sees I'm there and thinks ill do something to him and he draws down on me. I just don't want that to happen.

leave now and walk

^ This. If he shows up, hit the back door. Personally, I'd stay there and defend my friend. Unless he's being a douche. Then I'd just leave. Is there anyone you can call to pick you up somewhere? If it weren't my wife's birthday and if you lived in the Indy area I'd pick you up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I have a question. So I'm at a buddies house and him and his wife are arguing. Keep in mind I don't have a car or I'd be gone. But I'm waiting on her stepdad to show up with his gun. And he knows I carry one. But I don't have it on me. If he shows up and flips his lid. And points his gun at me thinking I'm carrying can I defend myself?
    Why are you waiting for the step dad to show up with a gun? You and your buddy start walking and get out of there. Let the tempers cool off before the hot head makes things even hotter.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    If my dad was a work I'd ask to see if they could expedite the reconnect since he's the one that dispatches the linemen in the event of an outage. He doesn't do the disconnect/reconnect dispatch, but I'm sure he could do something. Unfortunately he's out of town this week. :dunno:

I know that's gotta suck, but maybe if you ream them a new hole, they'll get on it.

My wife is furious... My freezer needs a new seal and I have half a hog in there, I really don't want to loose it!

I called them 2 more times and finally told them my daughter needs her breathing treatment(I have no childern at this time). They said they will promptly send someone out. I hate to resort to that and I understand accidents do happen.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My wife is furious... My freezer needs a new seal and I have half a hog in there, I really don't want to loose it!

I called them 2 more times and finally told them my daughter needs her breathing treatment(I have no childern at this time). They said they will promptly send someone out. I hate to resort to that and I understand accidents do happen.

That usually works too. Duke can be bad about disconnecting the wrong person sometimes. They have a lot of new guys come and go. I wish I could have gotten on there. You'd think my dad would have some pull, you know?

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    That usually works too. Duke can be bad about disconnecting the wrong person sometimes. They have a lot of new guys come and go. I wish I could have gotten on there. You'd think my dad would have some pull, you know?

The greatest thing I hate about Duke Energy is the customer service. I have no idea where that call center is located, India maybe. When I have an issue I like to go to the customer service area to talk to a living person, I've found I usually get things my way when that option is used. They're only face to face office is in Ohio! I'm still not sure if they have shown up yet, I had to leave for work.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Woo Hoo!

Got a steal of a deal from Roberts Camera downtown Indy from a online deal they have on a Kodak Zi8 Personal compact HD video camera.

Roberts Imaging Kodak Zi8 (Black) with wireless remote and Tamrac Neos Digital 19 (assorted colors)

It comes included with a wireless remote and carrying case (extra added value that's about a $35.00)

It's a personal video camera comparable to the Flip but a little bigger with tons of features that puts it heads above competitors in it's class.

Some features:

Recording modes of,
    1080p-30fps
    720p-60pfs
    720p-30fps
    WXGA

It also feature a 5 mega pixel still camera.

Will support up to a 32 gig SDHC card and currently with a 8 gig SDHC card it allows 1 hour and 7 minutes of 1080p recording and I imagine a 32 gig card should push that to 4 and a half hours.

Has both HDMI and composite outputs, USB and has an external mic hool up for stereo recording (without the external it is mono recording only).

It also comes with all cables needed along with a USB charging cord and there is even a 5v external jack that you can hook up a ac/dc adapter so you can use this for long recording runs.

It also supports YouTube video format for instant uploading to your YouTube page.

I'm looking forward to using this to capture tons of things!:rockwoot:

media-38557.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Any food items you loose, send them a bill, if they refuse, take them to small claims court.

If you have to, and decide to do this, document EVERYTHING and if possible get them to send stuff to you by mail denying reimbursement and make sure somehow it states that you was not the offender that was to be turned off.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Any food items you loose, send them a bill, if they refuse, take them to small claims court.

If you have to, and decide to do this, document EVERYTHING and if possible get them to send stuff to you by mail denying reimbursement and make sure somehow it states that you was not the offender that was to be turned off.

Good advice, I most likely will if I loose a majority of the meat! I have a +$23.97 balance with Duke.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Ya, the boger looks to be fairly concealable also, I got a mini tripod that I might mount on my dash and record all the idiots on the way to work tomorrow.

I've thought about doing that with my iPhone. Walbash Ave is crazy around 12-4pm

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The greatest thing I hate about Duke Energy is the customer service. I have no idea where that call center is located, India maybe. When I have an issue I like to go to the customer service area to talk to a living person, I've found I usually get things my way when that option is used. They're only face to face office is in Ohio! I'm still not sure if they have shown up yet, I had to leave for work.

Actually, no. It's right here in Plainfield. You can do face to face with them here in Plainfield. :dunno: Unless they recently shut down the call center here, which I doubt. I used to work as a janitor there and my dad's given me enough tours to know who handles what. As far as I know, all Indiana business is handled here. reconnects, disconnects, all of it. So.... :dunno: I'll ask my dad when he gets back, see what he says.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom