• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Went gun shopping today. Picked up a 10/22 from Whittakers.
    No ammo.....too dang expensive!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I am sooooo owning this page!

You're a good straw boss, Jimbo.

And yeah, you're pretty much owning this one.

Yeah, they had good stuff there, but their ammo was JACKED through the roof... They wanted $7.00 for 100 rounds of .22LR! No way in hell am I paying that, no matter how gay I am for Whittaker Guns - and in full disclosure, I am pretty gay for that store.

Still like the ladies, though.

Ladies and guns.

I just wish more of the one enjoyed more of the other. ;)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    You're a good straw boss, Jimbo.

And yeah, you're pretty much owning this one.

Yeah, they had good stuff there, but their ammo was JACKED through the roof... They wanted $7.00 for 100 rounds of .22LR! No way in hell am I paying that, no matter how gay I am for Whittaker Guns - and in full disclosure, I am pretty gay for that store.

Still like the ladies, though.

Ladies and guns.

I just wish more of the one enjoyed more of the other, though. ;)

The one that shocked me was $279 for 1K of Wolf 7.62x39....WOW!!!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    The one that shocked me was $279 for 1K of Wolf 7.62x39....WOW!!!!!!

For Wolf? Steel-cased and coated in that :bs: lacquer stuff? They can go lower than that. It's non-reloadable and that lacquer is no good. My question to you is .... why were you lookin' at Wolf ammo, mang?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Cause AK's and SKS's don't care what they eat!!!!!:D

True.

Not having either of those yet, I'm used to the more finicky preferences of .223.

Need a good upper in .308, though...

Who's that one guy who's got his sig line as ".308, because people like to hide behind things." Samot, or something like that? I'm beginning to see the usefulness of .308, not that I was ever opposed to it. But I was watching 'Lock N' Load with R. Lee Ermey' on the History channel a few days ago, and the penetration results from each... there's just no comparison. .308 FTW. So, when I get the spare funds, I think that's second on the list. First on the list is a nice concealable piece for every-day carry.

Boy, there are moments when I wish I realized how expensive it can be to defend yourself and to have a useful hobby. Heh.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    True.

Not having either of those yet, I'm used to the more finicky preferences of .223.

Need a good upper in .308, though...

Who's that one guy who's got his sig line as ".308, because people like to hide behind things." Samot, or something like that? I'm beginning to see the usefulness of .308, not that I was ever opposed to it. But I was watching 'Lock N' Load with R. Lee Ermey' on the History channel a few days ago, and the penetration results from each... there's just no comparison. .308 FTW. So, when I get the spare funds, I think that's second on the list. First on the list is a nice concealable piece for every-day carry.

Boy, there are moments when I wish I realized how expensive it can be to defend yourself and to have a useful hobby. Heh.

What kind of EDC are you looking for?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thinking about a Kahr 9mm subcompact or a G26, either of which will have night-sights. A carry piece without night-sights is a dragon without eyes.

I have a Kahr PM9, an LCP, and a couple of other great conceal carry guns that you can shoot.

You gotta go to Whittaker's on our next trip down there... it's like disneyland!:rockwoot:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thinking about a Kahr 9mm subcompact or a G26, either of which will have night-sights. A carry piece without night-sights is a dragon without eyes.

Hey, one more thing...

If you are going to conceal a G26 (I don't know if that's the case), you might want to consider a G19. In my opinion, it conceals about as well.

The G26 is a tad shorter, but it is one thick gun. I think you can hide a G19 about the same and get more capacity. Just a thought. I've got a G19 or G23 you can try as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom