• Status
    Not open for further replies.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    She already knew what time we were supposed to be there. ?? Not much to do :dunno:
    A deer ran out in front of us on the way to the fairgrounds. I slammed on the brakes and was able to turn just a bit to the left and avoid it. I've had to do that twice since we got the Lexus, it is amazing how well it handles! Today we were on a gravel road and we didn't slide/drift/etc. Just went right in a straight line, except where I turned the wheel and the rearend stayed behind us. I'm amazed by this vehicle. I feel very safe in it.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    She already knew what time we were supposed to be there. ?? Not much to do :dunno:
    A deer ran out in front of us on the way to the fairgrounds. I slammed on the brakes and was able to turn just a bit to the left and avoid it. I've had to do that twice since we got the Lexus, it is amazing how well it handles! Today we were on a gravel road and we didn't slide/drift/etc. Just went right in a straight line, except where I turned the wheel and the rearend stayed behind us. I'm amazed by this vehicle. I feel very safe in it.
    your not kidding about all the deer down around you. my boss and I would drive around just to see all the deer. what gives with all the deer down there? Is everyone a bad shot or what?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anyone who's thinking of grabbing a new video card, I highly recommend a EVGA nvidia 240GT.

I replaced my BFG nvidia 8500GT that was struggling to maintain composure playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 at 1024x768 at the low setting and the heat sink fan was spinning so fast I thought that I was going to have liftoff a lot of times.

This 240GT card barely breaks a sweat running it at 1900x1200 at high setting. Talk about great graphics, I can now see the really fine detail in the sniper scope right before I send them to the meat grinder.:D

Everything else I throw at it should be a breeze. Has 1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 HDMI plugs, and I'll be trying out the dual monitor tomorrow when I hook up the old 20inch LCD and run it side by side with the 26inch HD wide screen. Should be nice to see.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    IBM, you ever play the game: Blazing Aces ? It's a WWII airplane simulator/shoot'em up. I like it.

Is this the one that was advertised on late night TV for awhile, or was that Aces High.

Only flight sim I ever liked and played a lot was US Navy Fighters, nothing like a Tomcat.

Wish the old software that used to run on Win 3.1 would run on Vista.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    We can only kill so many each year!! I got two last year, could've gotten more, but the freezer is only so big.
    I started using a muzzleloader for the first time last year. Amazing gun. Shot a doe at 85 yards. By the time the smoke cleared, I couldn't see her. There was a buck courting her, he came back to the area where she'd been standing and I could see him putting his head down. So I figured she was there. I got down and walked that way, had to practically run him off. There she was on the ground. Bullet entered 1/2 way back on right side, broke 3 ribs, through the heart into her left shoulder. I expected to find the bullet in the shoulder but didn't. When I got her back to the house and lifted her up with the front end loader of the tractor, blood came out a hole in her left neck, the exit wound. I love my ML, and won't shoot a slug gun again unless I have to.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    you guys scared me. I was off line for the last 2 or 3 hours and all the pw had me looking at to many pages to catch up with. Now I see there was nothing really there. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom