Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got the ham steak in the oven. Put some brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon on top with a little water and liquid smoke in the bottom of the pan and covered it with foil. Giving it about a 15 minute head start on the scalloped potatoes.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Did you seen post#4995?

Ohh....I bet CM is going to sneak in here sometime today.

I find deer tracks everywhere all the time. They come right by the house. If I could be sneaky about it I could open my window and tackle one at least once a week. Once I open the shade or cough or sneeze they're gone of course.

Sometimes I find bloody places in the snow where the hawks have been working the squirrels and rabbits. I need to get some cameras out.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I find deer tracks everywhere all the time. They come right by the house. If I could be sneaky about it I could open my window and tackle one at least once a week. Once I open the shade or cough or sneeze they're gone of course.

Sometimes I find bloody places in the snow where the hawks have been working the squirrels and rabbits. I need to get some cameras out.
    Since it has been so cold and snowy, I have been making sure to put their corn out more regularly. The turkeys were in the yard when I went out this morning and waited for me to deliver.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Since it has been so cold and snowy, I have been making sure to put their corn out more regularly. The turkeys were in the yard when I went out this morning and waited for me to deliver.

I put out a salt block and they decimated it. I put out another about 50ft away because the railroad was doing work in the other spot at the time and it took them several months to find it.

I've never seen a turkey within 5 miles of here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I put out a salt block and they decimated it. I put out another about 50ft away because the railroad was doing work in the other spot at the time and it took them several months to find it.

I've never seen a turkey within 5 miles of here.
    I keep three mineral blocks out at all times. They need replaced about twice a year.

I have several groups of turkeys that visit daily. In the summer, we sometimes have 30-40 in the yard at a time.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I keep three mineral blocks out at all times. They need replaced about twice a year.

I have several groups of turkeys that visit daily. In the summer, we sometimes have 30-40 in the yard at a time.

Oh I don't think the first salt block I put out lasted more than 2 months. Grandpa always said to put them at the base of a tree stump you wanted to get rid of and they'd dig it up for you, so that's what I did with the second one and it took them several months to find it, and then it was gone about 2 months after they found it as well. They've also dug around the stump nicely as well.

Used to see turkeys all the time when we lived in Floyd county. Groups of 15-20. Seen turkeys all around here, just none here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh I don't think the first salt block I put out lasted more than 2 months. Grandpa always said to put them at the base of a tree stump you wanted to get rid of and they'd dig it up for you, so that's what I did with the second one and it took them several months to find it, and then it was gone about 2 months after they found it as well. They've also dug around the stump nicely as well.

Used to see turkeys all the time when we lived in Floyd county. Groups of 15-20. Seen turkeys all around here, just none here.
    I put the mineral blocks on top of the tree trunks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom