Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    my drive is fairly small so cannot bring myself to use a snowblower. However, when it’s a heavy wet snow, it can be quite a challenge.
    Last year when I think I had Covid and was getting winded so easily, I called Dirtebiker from here on INGO and he came over and plowed my drive when we had one heavy wet snow. He does that as a side gig in the winter.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Ours is tiny compared to our old house. I've never measured this one but I would say it easily under 100', 75 max. And only about 12' wide.

Our old one was a big u shaped and parking area, but I had a plow on a 4 wheeler. Didn't make sense to keep it at this place so I sold it to a buddy, and bought a cheap snowblower off of craigslist to repair.

Previous to here, we had a rental with about 1200ft driveway. Thankfully it was wooded and the trees actually kept it clean.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The wind blew most of our around the side, so it's probably only a couple inches left in the drive.
    Ours is thru the woods so trees keep the snow from blowing off for the most part. The trees also shade it enough that the ice never melts so it is like a skating rink until it is warm enough to thaw. The deer tracks and areas cleared of snow the other day indicate that the poor things fell down on the ice crossing the drive.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The son in law actually offered to use the tractor to plow ours and theirs so hubby wouldn't have to be out in the cold. I told him it was appreciated but hubby was tired of being inside and seems to enjoy playing on the tractor even in the cold. I'm sure he will do their drive when he is done with ours.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I should at least sweep some floors and clean the bathrooms I guess. I sat down to order yarn for the new baby's blanket and an order that I got the other day. INGO distracted me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Previous to here, we had a rental with about 1200ft driveway. Thankfully it was wooded and the trees actually kept it clean.
    I regret selling our old place. The wife wanted to get closer to the school. Then we ended up taking them out of school and homeschooling.

Should have just stayed there and added on to it. Had more land and really only one neighbor kind of close and he was probably 200y away

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Last year when I think I had Covid and was getting winded so easily, I called Dirtebiker from here on INGO and he came over and plowed my drive when we had one heavy wet snow. He does that as a side gig in the winter.
    I remember that one. A shovel full weighed 40-50 lbs. it was so wet.
    Luckily my son was out plowing and swung by.
    Done in 30 seconds.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I regret selling our old place. The wife wanted to get closer to the school. Then we ended up taking them out of school and homeschooling.

Should have just stayed there and added on to it. Had more land and really only one neighbor kind of close and he was probably 200y away

We found the deal of the century as far as that rental. Way off the road, 20+ acres of open field to play in and the landlord kept it mowed. The downside was the roof leaked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom