Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Two of my nieces currently have covid. They both posted to facebook about how they tested positive and if it weren't for their vaccinations and boosters, they would likely be hospitalized or dead. It took all I had not to post about my experience with it and how their uncle and I both survived without medical intervention...even at our advanced ages without taking any jabs. I'm glad they are having mild symptoms, but the vaccine is not without risk and we survived just fine without it. The one has unfriended me (or maybe I unfriended her and forgot) and her sister is one I unfollowed. We still show as friends, but I don't see her posts. My daughter mentioned their posts to me and showed them to me on her phone. I just can't read most of what they post on FB because it makes me not want to talk to them at family gatherings. It is sad what social media has done to families, but you do see a different side of things based on what people post but would never say to your face.

As I told my parents when I was there last, if covid kills me, then it is my day to go. I could die driving to work or walking out my door and falling on the ice. Only God knows when it is my time, and I don't need some experimental vaccine that causes unknown side effects to speed that along. I don't judge those who felt it was right for them, but it is not for me. I don't like when people feel they are more righteous because they did what Obiden told them to do and try to make others feel they are wrong, etc. I'm glad my boss has common sense and has allowed each of us to decide what we want to do about this whole virus situation.
    I love you Mom.

Social media has given small insignificant voices a platform to pitch their brand of idiocy. My daughter was o e of them early Covid and it caused some issues that eventually blew up in a major way.
    Now she sees things more clearly. No Vax for her or family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom