DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's my sister's eulogy for Mom. :)

To my dear, sweet mother--the years have gone so fast and my life has been so full of wonderful memories of you. It doesn’t seem possible that you were in my life for only 845 months.

I try to push my mind back as far as it will go to recall my first memories of you. You told me many times about my first steps and m walking, holding onto the windowsill of the picture window. I wish I could recall those moments, but I can’t remember that far back, but there are some things I do recall:

1. You sat in my first grade classroom, helping me learn how to write and stay between the lines. I had a horrible time in school and it took me a long time to get the hang of writing, but you were so patient.
    2. I remember one day you came to pick me up from school and I had been locked in the supply closet most of the afternoon for talking. I don’t think you were too happy with the teacher.
    3. I can remember getting off the bus each afternoon and knowing that you would be waiting for me. Coming home was my favorite part of school.
    4. I can remember taking the city bus downtown to shop. We would stop at LS Ayres and you would buy me M&Ms from the candy counter. We would ride the glass fronted elevators and could see what each floor had to offer, and as the doors would open, the bell would ding. I loved that sound.
    5. We would dress up and catch the bus to see a movie at the Circle Theater, sitting on the soft cushioned chairs, with my legs sticking straight out because they were too short to hang down.
    6. The summers were the best part of the year. The neighborhood boys would come to the back door to see if you and dad would come out and play. That was pretty cool to have parents that liked to play. You gave me the summers to be a kid, the time to climb trees and just be me.
    7. You always made sure I had a girl friend to play with because there were only boys in our newly developed neighborhood. We had to import them from other neighborhoods, and my favorite friend was Janice R____.
    8. You gave me the gift of your quilting friends, inviting me to come join the group when I could. But as the years went by, we met less and less. I miss those times with those wonderful ladies.
    9. And lastly another thing happened years ago, but I don’t recall exactly when, you became my best friend.

At some point I became the person that guided you along the path of your later years, making sure you were well taken care of, and had everything you needed. You allowed me to switch roles with you, never complaining about the changes that were taking place. There was never a complaint or negative word. You trusted me to do the right thing for you, and I hope you felt my love for you.

Thank you for the privilege of being your daughter.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Night DD

I guess I should go take a shower. It sounds like Cole may be coming for the afternoon tomorrow. Dad has some stuff he has to do at the fire station with the new/used truck they picked up last weekend and mama has to work so we get to see our buddy. I better get his toy box assembled in the morning as I never got to it today. I seem to have a few gifts to wrap for him besides the toy box. I don't know how this happens.:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom