mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So much for two day shipping from Verizon. Glad I didn't pay extra. I ordered Wednesday expecting to have the phones on Friday so I could sign for them while I wasn't at work. Tracking is showing Monday delivery....while I will be at work of course. Hubby has plans. I am going to attempt to change the delivery on the UPS site to my daughter's house. Verizon was no help at all. They were at the hub our stuff comes out of early this morning, but tracking is not showing out for delivery.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't be sad act... Everyone kept coming up to me and offering comfort (which is normal), but it's weird. I don't feel sadness. I mean I'll miss her, but I just have more of a feeling of peace, and actually happiness that she's finally reunited with Dad. I guess we all grieve differently, but I've been preparing for this for a long time. She was tired (after 99 years, who wouldn't be?) and now she's at rest and in a better place.

Dad's death hit me much harder because he went so suddenly (heart attack). But even then, I didn't grieve for long because I started preparing myself for that eventuality when he had open heart surgery 10 years prior. I guess I kind of "pre-grieve" if that makes any sense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The is nice . . . leave with a smile! She would like that.
    She really would have, Greg. My eulogy that the pastor read alluded to me turning her into a Parrothead when she was in her 80's. It got a lot of smiles and chuckles as he read some of my childhood memories of Mom. :)

I wish y'all could have met her. She left an impression on everyone she met and it was plain to see that today.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Don't be sad act... Everyone kept coming up to me and offering comfort (which is normal), but it's weird. I don't feel sadness. I mean I'll miss her, but I just have more of a feeling of peace, and actually happiness that she's finally reunited with Dad. I guess we all grieve differently, but I've been preparing for this for a long time. She was tired (after 99 years, who wouldn't be?) and now she's at rest and in a better place.

Dad's death hit me much harder because he went so suddenly (heart attack). But even then, I didn't grieve for long because I started preparing myself for that eventuality when he had open heart surgery 10 years prior. I guess I kind of "pre-grieve" if that makes any sense.
    This makes perfect sense. My parents are 86 and neither are in great health. They have lost pretty much all of their friends. Nobody calls them except us kids. Nobody visits them except us kids. It is to the point, where a couple of the siblings are constantly telling everyone else what they should do and it is creating huge issues in what used to be close relationships. Mom and Dad aren't stupid. They see it. They feel they are becoming a burden as a result. Honestly, they are to some point, but they are our parents and we do what we can for them. I will miss them both when they are gone, but they both feel their purpose here is pretty much done and are ready. They don't drive anymore. They only leave the house to go to medical appointments. When I get to that point, I am pretty sure I would be okay with whenever God is ready for me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This makes perfect sense. My parents are 86 and neither are in great health. They have lost pretty much all of their friends. Nobody calls them except us kids. Nobody visits them except us kids. It is to the point, where a couple of the siblings are constantly telling everyone else what they should do and it is creating huge issues in what used to be close relationships. Mom and Dad aren't stupid. They see it. They feel they are becoming a burden as a result. Honestly, they are to some point, but they are our parents and we do what we can for them. I will miss them both when they are gone, but they both feel their purpose here is pretty much done and are ready. They don't drive anymore. They only leave the house to go to medical appointments. When I get to that point, I am pretty sure I would be okay with whenever God is ready for me.
    Well said mom. The eulogy that my sister wrote mentioned her switching roles with Mom, becoming her care giver and making decisions for her, and how accepting Mom was of that. And my great nephew got up and actually said a few words too and he just did great. I wouldn't have been able to do that, which is why I let the pastor handle the reading of mine.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Well said mom. The eulogy that my sister wrote mentioned her switching roles with Mom, becoming her care giver and making decisions for her, and how accepting Mom was of that. And my great nephew got up and actually said a few words too and he just did great. I wouldn't have been able to do that, which is why I let the pastor handle the reading of mine.
    Glad the service went well DD. She must have been one heck of a lady. It is our memories of loved ones that keep them alive in our hearts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom