Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evenin' target, mom, Greg, rk, CM and Coop. Just got back from Mom's viewing. Not a real big turnout, but saw a lot of my old childhood friends. I imagine there will be more at the service at the church tomorrow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    DD - We have noticed less people attending viewings/funerals due to covid. It really is sad that people are afraid to be around others.

I need to see if I have another mouse I can try...this one seems to be going wonky. I changed the battery but it still doesn't want to scroll correctly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi WR

Maybe it has to do with switching between a mouse at work and the pad thing on the laptop here.

This old mouse seems to be working fine so I'll just use it for a while. I think I have another one in the case with my old laptop so that is an option too. I have way too many "old" electronics around here.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I never liked laptops, but unwillingly ditched the desktop in 2011 for practical reasons and now don't like the idea of using mice... I'd never had willingly made this choice.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I always had desktop computers but got a laptop probably close to 10 years ago now when I was serving on the county plan commission. It was nice to take it with me to do research during tech committee meetings and such. I don't think I could go back to a desktop now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have never been able to use the laptop mouse pad thing. I always use a battery mouse. It just works so much easier for me. Old school I guess.
    That is me as well. I suck at the pad on the laptop.

CKW is clearing up the last of the gift wrapping.
    We are hosting her family here on Christmas. It is a tradition with them that the family gathers every year. Used to be at Granny's place until she passed. Now we take turns.
    I am baking a turkey on the eve. 2 spiral hams as well. Thanksgiving part II

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always had desktop computers but got a laptop probably close to 10 years ago now when I was serving on the county plan commission. It was nice to take it with me to do research during tech committee meetings and such. I don't think I could go back to a desktop now.
    Last desktop was the one I got the kids for Christmas "Oh so many years ago" and found that no matter how hard I tried whatever I bought for it today was old news tomorrow.
    1st laptop in 09 and done them ever since.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have never been able to use the laptop mouse pad thing.
    That is me as well. I suck at the pad on the laptop.
    Same here! I use the wireless mouse and disable the touchpad. A couple of weeks ago, we had a massive Windows 10 update on our work laptops. After it was done, my cursor was jumping all over my screen, highlighting things, etc., seemingly all on its own.

I finally figured that the update had re-enabled my touch pad, so as my wrists/sleeves hit it while I was typing, it was making the cursor do weird things. :lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom