The Official Status Update Thread #200 Let the thaw begin. Please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Asking for prayers guys. One side of me hesitates to share this here, but even though I've never met most of you, I feel that I am among friends. So here goes...

My sister-in-law passed away suddenly last week, we believe it was on Monday April 29th but we're not absolutely sure about the exact time. She was only 60. My brother only lives about a mile away from my sister-in-law, but they're divorced and don't communicate often. One of my two nieces was on vacation in Italy and was exchanging texts with her mom, sharing some photos and excitement of the trip. She stopped receiving responses to her texts on Monday 29th, but that was not totally unlike her mom. She had a drinking problem and it wasn't unlike her to withdraw even from her daughters for days at a time, so nobody got particularly alarmed at first. My niece got home from her Italy trip on Saturday morning. She lives with my brother, but before she went back to his house she stopped at her mom's to check on her and found her in her bed. The coroner thinks she had likely been dead since Monday, so you can imagine the shock to my niece. The other sister flew home immediately from Boston. I went down to visit them Sunday. Everyone is in a state of shock.

My sister-in-law had a 5 year old boxer. The dog hadn't eaten since the last time mom fed him, but my niece brought him over to my brother's house and fed him. But I couldn't get over the behavior of the dog. Typically very playful and energetic, all he wanted to do was lie in his bed. Obviously very traumatized, he knew something bad bad happened and you could tell he was heartsick over the loss of his "mom".

Please keep them in your prayers, but especially my two nieces who are devastated over the untimely loss of their mother.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Sorry for your loss Mark.
    The dog definitely knows and is grieving. He will get back to normal but it takes time.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom