• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    J2VLhD-pTVws28hcA9_V_sV87FtR83GpijACzYjVikRri4RPyt4kuwyKobfEtcXAyveJffv_05qTHjDt02ov7n9xu3BU6fw8Uv1Re_qOPQLRPo5K73oCAZhzZhA=s0-d-e1-ft
    Power outages affecting Downtown Indianapolis Campus
    Tuesday, July 1, the Glick Technology Center, Corporate College and Culinary Center and Learning Resource Center are experiencing temporary power outages. These outages affect the library and the bookstore.
    Advising services are temporarily located in Illinois Fall Creek Center, rooms 101 and 102.
    If you have classes today in the Glick Technology Center or the Corporate College and Culinary Center, find more information about your class relocations by visiting the Illinois Fall Creek Center, rooms 101 and 102.

This came to my personal email address, nothing sent to my @ivytech.edu email.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Nah I am home. School was closed because the tech building had no power.

So much for that nap. I remembered I broke the pull cord on my chainsaw so I replaced it instead of napping. Better have it ready just in case.

On the subject of chainsaws.
    i started to cut the backyard a little bit ago. First lap I get to this stump from a red bud tree I cut down last year. It's about 4 foot from the AC unit, and I can't cut between it and the unit. It's low enough to drive over, but tall enough that the blades will catch it. I stop the tractor and go get the chainsaw. I have time to fix this since I'm off. Get the chainsaw, and of course the chain is way to loose. Go to tighten it up, but there is so much sawdust, can't find the screw. Take it apart, clean it up, put it all back together. Look out stump, here I come.

Lets just say that saws work so much better with the blade on the right way. :facepalm:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    i started to cut the backyard a little bit ago. First lap I get to this stump from a red bud tree I cut down last year. It's about 4 foot from the AC unit, and I can't cut between it and the unit. It's low enough to drive over, but tall enough that the blades will catch it. I stop the tractor and go get the chainsaw. I have time to fix this since I'm off. Get the chainsaw, and of course the chain is way to loose. Go to tighten it up, but there is so much sawdust, can't find the screw. Take it apart, clean it up, put it all back together. Look out stump, here I come.

Lets just say that saws work so much better with the blade on the right way. :facepalm:

DOH!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

:orly:

:wavey:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

lol My brother did that a couple months ago. Brand new 24in Polian, couldn't cut worth :poop:. I worked circles around him with my 16in 20y/o mcculloch. Finally I stopped to let it cool down and realized he was running the chain backwards, basically rubbing thru the wood.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    lol My brother did that a couple months ago. Brand new 24in Polian, couldn't cut worth :poop:. I worked circles around him with my 16in 20y/o mcculloch. Finally I stopped to let it cool down and realized he was running the chain backwards, basically rubbing thru the wood.

I did catch it immediately. Then I slyly looked over both shoulders to see if anyone saw me. Then sulked back to the garage, feeling like an idiot.
    The stump is now just dust in the fire pit, and a bad memory. I just wanted to share my shame. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom