Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just got a SCAM call from someone claiming to be from Amazon. The automated part told me that they had detected suspicious activity.

When the "Agent" came on line he said they had charged me $199 for Prime. Being the day before payday, I flipped.

He said, that's OK, he would remove the charge if I would go to a form on another website. That is when I realized it was a scam.

I checked my Amazon account, e-mail and bank account and there were no charges.

It was difficult, but I contacted Amazon to report it. On the web site they "Asked permission to call me."

The bottom line and the alert to all is...

Amazon NEVER calls you unless you contact them and specifically ask them to call you!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    tenor.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Afternoon all. I'm back out on the deck. Breezy, but not horrible. Beats sitting inside. :) Been writing checks (!) to renew my gun range membership and renew my C&R license.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just talked to DoggyMama. She's getting worn out from taking care of her dad. She's been having to do the laundry, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, pulling weeds, taking him to doctor appointments, etc.. She told me that it has really made her appreciate me and what I do around here. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just had a little excitement. Some "blond" cat that I've never seen before got into the yard right by the gate next to the deck and ran into my Chunkadoodle. All hell broke loose but I don't think anyone got hurt. I know Chunkadoodle is okay and that's all I care about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom