• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    How have I not found this thread before? I'd like to give a thumbs up to an Indiana brewery, Taxman out of Bargersville. I'm currently enjoying their B-keeper. It's a 6% ABV, 20 IBU honey saison.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nobody got Zombie dust the last 2 weeks, but my guys still had three packs of Double Crooked Tree.
    Not anymore!

Guess Trooper Ale is sold out too.............they got the last case, but it's in cans. I left some this time.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Several of my favorite local eating establishments have had Zombie dust on tap pretty steady for the last month or so, more than usual, anyway. I wonder if they've upped production, at least in kegs? It's a rarity in any form other than kegs here in the southern end of the state, I can't remember ever seeing it in cans or bottles, and we have a pretty awesome bottle shop in Clarksville.

Anyhoo, I'm getting stoked to find some Sam Adams Octoberfest, should be pretty soon, and the first week of October, I'm heading to Florida, to re-stock my supply of Jai Alai!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Local non chain liquor store gets it off and on (bottles). Hardly ever makes it to the shelf, since the regs are in the loop.
    I had them order the DCT and bought over half of it. Had them get the last of Trooper too. Whatever's left next week I'll buy it all.

Witch and kid going to Star Trek...........so will be home alone.............Maiden "Rock in Rio" full blast and some Trooper going bye bye!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I visited the craft beer building at the state fair yesterday, noticed they had some sort of high tech draft beer system. The plastic cups had a metal disk in the bottom, and the beer filled the cup from the bottom up, and I mean, nothing was pouring into the cup from the top, apparently this system pokes tiny holes in the bottom of the cup, and fills it from the under side! The several beers I had were all very well "poured" with very consistent carbonation.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I visited the craft beer building at the state fair yesterday, noticed they had some sort of high tech draft beer system. The plastic cups had a metal disk in the bottom, and the beer filled the cup from the bottom up, and I mean, nothing was pouring into the cup from the top, apparently this system pokes tiny holes in the bottom of the cup, and fills it from the under side! The several beers I had were all very well "poured" with very consistent carbonation.

I believe they use a magnetic disc to close the bottom of the cup. Kinda cool.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I picked up a mixed 6 at my local bottle shop, and the easy standout of the six was an imperial IPA called rock-n-rolla from Danny boy brewing in Carmel. IPA isn't my favorite style, but when I find a good one, it usually blows me away. I can think of 3 IPAs in recent years that have blown me away, Lazer snake from 3 floyds, Jai Alai from Cigar city, and Rock-n-rolla from Danny boy! It has a strong but balanced hop bite, not hoppy for the sake of hoppiness, and a very tropical, almost cilantro-ish finish, very similar to Jai Alai.

All in all, I'm thrilled to find this so similar to Jai Alai, and it's available at the bottle shop 5 minutes from the house, I'll still load the car down with JA when I go to Florida next month, but this was a great find!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Does anyone else listen to "music to my beers" on mishawaka radio? It's on the bear, Sundays from 10 - noon. Also available via podcast. I enjoy it weekly. Good for beer nerds or just general entertainment.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I was at the store and saw some trooper. I've never had it but I remembered this thread and picked some up. Will update once I taste it.

Edit: disappointed in trooper. Nothing stood out to differentiate it from beer brewed for the masses.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last weekend I was fortunate enough to have a bomber of Monzon from La Cumbre. Fantastic beer. Another home run from La Cumbre.

la-cumbre-monzon-wet-hopped-pale-ale.png

Here's an excellent description: https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/2016/09/22/la-cumbre-monzon-wet-hopped-pale-ale/

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I have tried New Day - both in Fountain Square and bottled at home. Magpie Breakfast is pretty good. Blackberries and coffee. Strange combo I thought but they sure pull it off.

Their strawberry-rhubarb is mighty tasty as well.

I've also been enjoying meads that I've found from Crafted Artisan in Ohio.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Anyone tried mead recently? Perhaps the new snobbery beverage? :)

I've been drinking up everything that I can find from Crafted Artisan from Ohio and B Nektar from Michigan.
    I make my own, only problem with the recipe I use is it takes a good 3 years for it to become what I consider "good". It's not something I like to drink in the first place, beer is my thing, but I'd always wanted to try making a batch of my own. For the last few years, I have a glass or two around the holidays.

Top Bottom