• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I never tried shooting .40 out of my last G20sf but will give it a shot this time around. I hate shooting 10mm at indoor ranges where I tend to lose most of the brass. Shooting .40 in those situations could let that gun get shot a whole bunch more.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This is true. For me at least. I know that when I shoot 10mm, I spend more time seeking the cases than I do shooting the gun. I've wasted 10 minutes poking in the weeds for that last couple of cases that I just know are there somewhere. Never did that with 9mm or .40.

I have a friend who is an RO in Alaska. We occasionally trade unusual brass. I send him .38 super and .45gap and the like I get from my source and he sends me 10mm. Now that I have a few thousand stashed I no longer scrounge as hard. Of course I mostly shoot on my own range so I will find it eventually.

Last edited:

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Do you get smiles with your G20? I've heard of that with 40 S&W Glocks, but not the G20/G29. I've never seen that in either of mine, and I have fed them some pretty stout loads, but understand there may be differences from pistol to pistol.

AllenM has my G20, at least part of it. Milling the slide for a vortex Venom red dot.
    If you are a reloaded check your brass carefully when fired from a glock, look for the "smiley". I went with a storm lake barrel and have had zero issues with it.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Do you get smiles with your G20? I've heard of that with 40 S&W Glocks, but not the G20/G29. I've never seen that in either of mine, and I have fed them some pretty stout loads, but understand there may be differences from pistol to pistol.

I honestly don't remember ever shooting my G20 with the factory barrel in it. I traded for it a while ago and it came with a Storm Lake barrel that has very good chamber support. I had a G29 that was worse than any 40 S&W I've ever seen. I put a Wolf barrel in it and it was better but , still bulged, so I sold it to someone who doesn't reload, or even shoot for that matter. I have yet to shoot the G40 I picked up this week, I haven't heard too much negative on them. If it bulges brass, and I like the gun I will go with a Storm Lake barrel.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Good thoughts here...

I never tried shooting .40 out of my last G20sf but will give it a shot this time around. I hate shooting 10mm at indoor ranges where I tend to lose most of the brass. Shooting .40 in those situations could let that gun get shot a whole bunch more.

Here's the thing..Pick up a 10MM to .40 S&W conversion barrel..I do NOT recommend shooting .40 S&W cases in a 10MM chamber..although I have heard of it done..Could be hard on your extractor, due to the fact that the extractor is the only thing that holds a .40 S&W case tight to a 10MM slide.
    Get the .40 barrel that will headspace correctly the S&W case to your 10MM weapon.
    Alliant shows a 180gr. projectile @ a little over 1K fps with a good load of BlueDot...Not a 10MM load, but not a light load either..Bill.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. The non-release of the Springer 10mm has me sitting down with AllenM and doing another custom 10mm Commander possibly a Bob tail but not sure yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    what happened to them? I thought they were in stock in some places

The sources I use can not get them yet.
    No biggies. I will put some money on top of the Springer price and get a custom.
    I would dump $500 + in the Springer anyway so a bit more and I get a serious Hotrod.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    OK. The non-release of the Springer 10mm has me sitting down with AllenM and doing another custom 10mm Commander possibly a Bob tail but not sure yet.
    Can I help you spend your money? I wish I could afford another custom right now. I want a long slide, or to put a comp on the Delta Elite.
    Have they done the PowerBall drawing yet? Let me check my numbers.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's the thing..Pick up a 10MM to .40 S&W conversion barrel..I do NOT recommend shooting .40 S&W cases in a 10MM chamber..although I have heard of it done..Could be hard on your extractor, due to the fact that the extractor is the only thing that holds a .40 S&W case tight to a 10MM slide.
    Get the .40 barrel that will headspace correctly the S&W case to your 10MM weapon.
    Alliant shows a 180gr. projectile @ a little over 1K fps with a good load of BlueDot...Not a 10MM load, but not a light load either..Bill.

Sounds like good advice. Thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can I help you spend your money? I wish I could afford another custom right now. I want a long slide, or to put a comp on the Delta Elite.
    Have they done the PowerBall drawing yet? Let me check my numbers.

I had 2 pieces unexpectedly find new homes with a 3rd in the works. I will fund the custom from these revenues.

Top Bottom