• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I did notice that the finish appears to be a polish stainless and not the bead blast finish. That is a plus for me.

If these hit the streets for $850 ($969), it is going to be real hard to resist given the prices of a pre-lock 610.

Nice set of wood combat grips and we are set.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did notice that the finish appears to be a polish stainless and not the bead blast finish. That is a plus for me.

If these hit the streets for $850 ($969), it is going to be real hard to resist given the prices of a pre-lock 610.

Nice set of wood combat grips and we are set.

Yes. The pre-locks have gone the way of the Snake guns. I will never understand the whole Snake gun thing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yes. The pre-locks have gone the way of the Snake guns. I will never understand the whole Snake gun thing.

I've got to take my King Cobra (sorta a snake gun...) apart and see why its getting light strikes....or just put it back in the safe...

SW-Brings-Back-Model-610-10mm-cover.jpg

I wish SW would quietly start eliminating the lock...

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've got to take my King Cobra (sorta a snake gun...) apart and see why its getting light strikes....or just put it back in the safe...

SW-Brings-Back-Model-610-10mm-cover.jpg

I wish SW would quietly start eliminating the lock...

There are aftermarket parts that eliminate the lock and “plug” the lint trap hole. My 2 j frames and one 629 all have the lock and the j’s will be getting eliminated when the trigger gets some attention.

I don’t shoot .40, but with a 610 and moon clips, it would at least be an option. Now I would be standing at the front of the line if S&W would do a 7 or 8 shot 10mm in a N frame with at least a 4” or 5” full lug barrel. That would be totally badass!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are aftermarket parts that eliminate the lock and “plug” the lint trap hole. My 2 j frames and one 629 all have the lock and the j’s will be getting eliminated when the trigger gets some attention.

I don’t shoot .40, but with a 610 and moon clips, it would at least be an option. Now I would be standing at the front of the line if S&W would do a 7 or 8 shot 10mm in a N frame with at least a 4” or 5” full lug barrel. That would be totally badass!

:drool:

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Had a Glock 20, gave it to my daughter.
    She didn't really like it either. (She is a Sig girl).
    I had not thought about this in a 1911 frame.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Had a Glock 20, gave it to my daughter.
    She didn't really like it either. (She is a Sig girl).
    I had not thought about this in a 1911 frame.

Ruger makes a great 1911 in 10mm that won’t break the bank. I have one... and won’t hesitate to recommend them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve had two Glock 20s and let both go. I like them but tend to not shoot them when I get them. When something shiny pops up, it’s the unshot guns that get traded away.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Instead of springing for a new 610... the wheels are turning. Im wondering if a revolver smith could take a 627 and open up the cylinder to take 10mm then swap out the barrel. That would be a 8 shot 10mm on a N frame....I think I just created my next custom project. Off to start searching for a custom revolver smith....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Instead of springing for a new 610... the wheels are turning. Im wondering if a revolver smith could take a 627 and open up the cylinder to take 10mm then swap out the barrel. That would be a 8 shot 10mm on a N frame....I think I just created my next custom project. Off to start searching for a custom revolver smith....

I would think the custom cylinder would be way more than cost of a new 610 especially with sourcing a barrel?

BUT I would love to hear what you find out!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes and Yes. Sort of the 44 mag snub nose of the semi-auto world. Purely done to be a crowd pleaser. I'll set up a chrono on it eventually and see what numbers a 1250 fps load generates.

That will be interestin to see. Launch some from the 5" as a comparison. We need a non-scientific test. Lab coats and graph paper.

Top Bottom