• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Nice family. Diverse.....:)

Thanks. Feel like I need to add two more to round it out at 10, but don't know what with. Tanfoglio? Glock 40? Another 10XX series? Sig P220? I know Kimber makes a couple of 10's, but after having the Dan Wesson and custom from AllenM, not sure what the point in the Kimber would be. The Delta Elite concerns me a little, but maybe the new ones are better than the old?

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Thanks. Feel like I need to add two more to round it out at 10, but don't know what with. Tanfoglio? Glock 40? Another 10XX series? Sig P220? I know Kimber makes a couple of 10's, but after having the Dan Wesson and custom from AllenM, not sure what the point in the Kimber would be. The Delta Elite concerns me a little, but maybe the new ones are better than the old?

The G40 MOS is a lot of fun to shoot. The modern DE's no linger have the issues with the frame that they were known for in the past but, you would want to change the internals.
    How about a 1911 long slide, like a Dan Wesson Bruin? That's what I have my eye on after tax time. Then maybe a 10mm Blackhawk.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Maybe a new Springer. I would be sporting one right now but my frame/slide/barrel are in Allens hand and he may start fitting them up tomorrow.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm kind of intrigued by the Ruger in 10mm. I love my CDE but it's more of a barbecue gun and I would not mind having a nice, solid 1911 range gun that I could carry once in a while without worrying about anything on it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a question for all you glock 10mm junkies following this. Yesterday I put my hands on a G20 Gen 4 and the grip seemed larger than what I remember my old Gen 3 SF being. Between a Gen 4 or an SF which one has the smaller/thinner grip?

The reason I'm asking is because I may be considering buying one for protection on an Alaska backcountry backpacking trip.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've got a question for all you glock 10mm junkies following this. Yesterday I put my hands on a G20 Gen 4 and the grip seemed larger than what I remember my old Gen 3 SF being. Between a Gen 4 or an SF which one has the smaller/thinner grip?

The reason I'm asking is because I may be considering buying one for protection on an Alaska backcountry backpacking trip.

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g29sf

"The SF model reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear, or "back strap," offering increased comfort and control, especially to shooters with smaller hands."

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My only hesitation on the 29 instead of a 20 is that I'd like to be able to legally take the pistol hunting too. As I understand it with current laws you could deer hunt in Indiana with a standard Glock 20.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Did you have one of the backstraps installed?

No backstrap, it's smaller than a Gen 3 (same as the G20SF). With the medium backstrap, same size as Gen 3. With larger backstrap, larger than Gen 3.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK boys....this is the current in progress Gov. 1911 single stack in 10mm.......
    Still a lot to do.
    x8BfNBC.jpg

5hwS7um.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Did you have one of the backstraps installed?

No backstrap, it's smaller than a Gen 3 (same as the G20SF). With the medium backstrap, same size as Gen 3. With larger backstrap, larger than Gen 3.

No I kept looking at the gun trying to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. It's weird because for the most part when I buy gloves, I can squeeze into some XL sized gloves, but generally I will wear a 2XL glove and be able to freely move my hands, and when I grabbed that Gen 4 I kept thinking how big it felt and how I felt like I was barely getting a grip on it. Go figure.

Is there any mechanical advantage to the Gen 4 in 10mm with that dual spring? I'm sure both generations work just fine, and it's splitting hairs at some point, but for $50 either way I'd rather get it right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is an adjustable from Dawson and with out the package in front of me I can not tell you which one exactly..
    I blame this on you and Allen you know........I really do.....:):

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You can blame me all you want, and I will gladly take it. You will thank me though after you pull the trigger. After the Carry Comp 45, my 10mm is a hit with anyone pulling the trigger. I almost feel guilty letting anyone shoot my customs.... It spoils them on what a 1911 should be like and they won't experience it from a off the shelf piece.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can blame me all you want, and I will gladly take it. You will thank me though after you pull the trigger. After the Carry Comp 45, my 10mm is a hit with anyone pulling the trigger. I almost feel guilty letting anyone shoot my customs.... It spoils them on what a 1911 should be like and they won't experience it from a off the shelf piece.

Yes. I totally agree.
    This will be 3 customs in 10mm.
    All of my 1911's are either customs are so modified it is hard to tell what brand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom