• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So when the manufactureer tells you you only have to change your engine oil every 10,000 miles, you listen right?

This guy did..... Audi had 60k on it. I guess the customer was complaining about it burning oil... :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's something that doesn't make sense to me. I am perhaps the laziest human I know, but even I get my oil changed in my crappy 2002 Silverado. That's why it has almost 265,000 miles on it. It's hard to imagine someone paying for an Audi and not taking the trouble to maintain it properly.

Does the Audi manual really recommend 10K mi between oil changes? They must have a reason for that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulled the belts/plugs/wires/distributor/carb/V covers off the 327.
    Oiled the cylinders.
    Will prime the pump and engine when I can find the tool to do so.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's something that doesn't make sense to me. I am perhaps the laziest human I know, but even I get my oil changed in my crappy 2002 Silverado. That's why it has almost 265,000 miles on it. It's hard to imagine someone paying for an Audi and not taking the trouble to maintain it properly.

Does the Audi manual really recommend 10K mi between oil changes? They must have a reason for that.
    Yes it does. The reasoning is money. Hard to sell you a new car every couple of years if they last too long. I don't know the year or if it's still under warranty.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CM, I finally got a chance while changing the oil this past weekend to get a couple pix of the suspension set up on the lemans. Please excuse the 10k miles of dirt and grime on the rear end and the 46 years of Northern Indiana rust. :):

Front bar, 1-1/4"

Front arms are just the stock units rebuilt with all MOOG parts. Springs are Eibach.

Rears. The PURE MUSCLE stuff is built right here in Fort Wayne by PMT Fabrication. Very nice pieces.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I now have most of the bits to get the 64 running.
    Now I have to get it up high enough to get the jack under it.....:):

The air ride controls were butchered at some point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know a guy that's very good with air ride if you need any help. He's the same guy that owns the hearses.

It is no issue for me to get into it just finding the motivation to climb in the trunk and wring it all out.
    Everything is there just some trailer trash douche nozzle cut "All" the solenoid control wires.
    Freaking idiots.

"Butt"....if it was all intact I would have had to pay a lot more for it.....:dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So when the manufactureer tells you you only have to change your engine oil every 10,000 miles, you listen right?

This guy did..... Audi had 60k on it. I guess the customer was complaining about it burning oil... :dunno:

Nice visual to add meaning to "blowing the carbon out". :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is no issue for me to get into it just finding the motivation to climb in the trunk and wring it all out.
    Everything is there just some trailer trash douche nozzle cut "All" the solenoid control wires.
    Freaking idiots.

"Butt"....if it was all intact I would have had to pay a lot more for it.....:dunno:
    This is where you need a rotisserie, or just a young guy who you can boss around. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's called "merging". :cool:

Way way back in the day I had a 1968 base model Nova. I mean base model. It had a cigg. lighter. Period. Banana yellow with chrome reverse and baby moons.
    It had an L-79 in it from the factory with 3 peddles.
    I swapped the intake for a single plane Tarantula/750 Holley and put a set of "Hookers" on it. 4:10 gear set and "Lakewood" T-bars. Chassis dyno tune up.

That damned car was stupid fast. I would roll to the bottom of a merge ramp on 465 and stop. My buddy would watch for an 18 wheeler rolling hard and when it was even with my nose he yelled "Go" and It was a flat out drag race for the merge.
    Note the speed limit was 70 and 80 was the norm and the ramps were pretty short.
    I never lost.

That was merging

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom