• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Given its shape, it needs slammed. Bigger wheels are a must to hide that humpback. It already doesn't have big ugly bumpers. I think it could use a little bit of a spoiler out back and maybe up front.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sorry, but that is throwing good money after bad in my opinion. AMX is the only AMC product I would even remotely consider. And it has to be a certain year. 1968-1969.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    My oldest son is getting the itch to build a car to his liking.

He posed that question to me and I still can't think of a car that I would like to have. I am fond of the Olds SX/442.

What are, within reason, the cars that you would start out with to modify to your liking?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got this over to the shop tonight. Getting ready to do a polish/detail. Uncles new "beater". Damn these cars are nice. One of the comfiest cars I've ever been in.

On a side note, while sitting at a stop light, a 95-96 Impala SS just happened to pull up next to me. I about ****. What are the odds of that!?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Any of you guys watch jay lenos garage? Last episode was all about keeping cars original. Apparently rotted out cars are now selling for more than perfectly restored to original cars.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

He posed that question to me and I still can't think of a car that I would like to have. I am fond of the Olds SX/442.

What are, within reason, the cars that you would start out with to modify to your liking?

Well to start with you gotta answer that question with more questions.
    What brand and style of car do you both like? (Muscle cars, old school lead sled, rat rod, 50's winged ludicrosities with gaudy amounts of chrome??) etc.
    How are you going to use it? Car shows, street/strip, low & slow cruiser, daily driver??
    Who will be driving it? If it's a teenager I would consider how they drive.
    I would first think about those aspects and then just stary searching the web and see what is out there and costs.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got this over to the shop tonight. Getting ready to do a polish/detail. Uncles new "beater". Damn these cars are nice. One of the comfiest cars I've ever been in.

On a side note, while sitting at a stop light, a 95-96 Impala SS just happened to pull up next to me. I about ****. What are the odds of that!?

Those cars have SERIOUS potenntial...when they were new our local sheriff's dept had a couple. I would have loved to make a few performance upgrades to one they are fun to drive

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ahhh all the hideous Matador photos! How could there be that many?

I had a 1968 AMX in 1986 at the age of 17!
    white with black stripes down the center
    390 4 speed
    3.90 traction lock
    engine was built by local machine shop had 1972 360 heads for better flow that had been worked a strange street master intake that set the carb almost sideways. All the rest of the time period correct speed parts.
    It was the scariest car you had ever driven the short wheelbase and massive power made for some great memories.
    I blew the clutch up one night my dad sold it the next day!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been fortunate to have company cars for over 30 years now. I say fortunate because they are free. But I have little choice in what I drive. In most cases, my only choices are interior and exterior color. And even sometimes those are limited.

I always thought that a Marauder would have been the ultimate rep mobile! Cavernous trunk, room for customers, good highway cruising, comfy ride, plus some get up and go. What more could you ask for?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Trucks are the cheapest/easiest to build. GM products are far cheaper than anything else. "A" bodies like the chevelle, lemans, cutlass have huge potential to be built into anything you can imagine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom