• ...and so much more!
  • Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    It has it all.
    family can roll with you. It appears to have some balls and it is not at all hard to look at.
    Saw my first wide body Charger the other day, rolling down County line road. I might’ve drooled a bit. Very hot. And those tires looked like they belonged on a steamroller. I can’t imagine the Mrs would be too keen on having one in the garage though.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Saw my first wide body Charger the other day, rolling down County line road. I might’ve drooled a bit. Very hot. And those tires looked like they belonged on a steamroller. I can’t imagine the Mrs would be too keen on having one in the garage though.

I will admit to looking into some widebody flares for my car. They look super sharp.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Road America is a hoot and absolutely beautiful. Stupid gearing really hamstrung me but wasn’t DFL so I’m good. Wife had a decent time and the 14 month old puppy was amazing. She had a ball and is such a fantastic rider. 5-6 hours without a peep.

car drove awesome. Dropped 4 seconds through the weekend before the rain hit. Rain was more funner

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Road America is a hoot and absolutely beautiful. Stupid gearing really hamstrung me but wasn’t DFL so I’m good. Wife had a decent time and the 14 month old puppy was amazing. She had a ball and is such a fantastic rider. 5-6 hours without a peep.

car drove awesome. Dropped 4 seconds through the weekend before the rain hit. Rain was more funner
    I really need to get my crap together and get out on a road course. I just don't trust that the car won't explode out there. I run it hard on the street and autocross but feel I'd run it even harder on a road course.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I really need to get my crap together and get out on a road course. I just don't trust that the car won't explode out there. I run it hard on the street and autocross but feel I'd run it even harder on a road course.
    Well I can say I’ve never spent so much time with the throttle pinned to the floor in my life.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Got a little more work done on the Notch tonight. Currently coming up with ways to mount the turbos. They have to mount on the driver side if I want any chance of a full exhaust.
    After a little thought, I decided to steal a page from the Cummins playbook and mount them vertically. Right now, it looks like the small turbo will be on the bottom and the big one up top.
    The radiator will either need to be shortened or scooched over to accommodate this setup.
    Another piece of the puzzle is the intake. With the turbos on the passenger side, my intercooler piping is going to route out the little turbo and into the intercooler on the passenger side, then over to the driver side and preferably into the engine, on the driver side.
    Some of you may or may not know this but SBFs almost always have the intake on the passenger side.
    I already have a decent aftermarket intake, but flipping it to the driver side may be a huge pain. Plus, my throttle body is too big for the intake.

I am considering building my own intake. A simple sheet metal box that will bolt straight to the lower intake. No runners. I've read that the old school "bread box" intakes have very little low end torque. With such a small secondary turbo, I'm expecting this thing to spool right out of the gate, which should alleviate some of that "lack" of torque.

I'm attaching two different ideas I've come up with so far. Both designs are basically boxes. The first has the IC piping coming in, making a 90 into the throttle body, which is in the direct middle of the box. My theory is that this will allow as even of a spread to all of the lower runners as possible.
    The second design is a little wider, offset to the driver side. The throttle body would mount on the front of the box. My fear with this design is that the front runners would get more air than the rear.

I'm basing a lot of this design off of my truck, which is neither a gas nor a V8 engine. My truck's intake is literally just a rectangular box with the intake directly in the middle of the box.

If this either doesn't work, or I don't like it, then there is the Pro M EFI intake, which would let me use a 90 degree elbow to attach the throttle body on the driver side of the car.

Let me know what you guys think!Snapchat-2125949412.jpgScreenshot_20211012-000030_OneNote.jpgScreenshot_20211012-000037_OneNote.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got a little more work done on the Notch tonight. Currently coming up with ways to mount the turbos. They have to mount on the driver side if I want any chance of a full exhaust.
    After a little thought, I decided to steal a page from the Cummins playbook and mount them vertically. Right now, it looks like the small turbo will be on the bottom and the big one up top.
    The radiator will either need to be shortened or scooched over to accommodate this setup.
    Another piece of the puzzle is the intake. With the turbos on the passenger side, my intercooler piping is going to route out the little turbo and into the intercooler on the passenger side, then over to the driver side and preferably into the engine, on the driver side.
    Some of you may or may not know this but SBFs almost always have the intake on the passenger side.
    I already have a decent aftermarket intake, but flipping it to the driver side may be a huge pain. Plus, my throttle body is too big for the intake.

I am considering building my own intake. A simple sheet metal box that will bolt straight to the lower intake. No runners. I've read that the old school "bread box" intakes have very little low end torque. With such a small secondary turbo, I'm expecting this thing to spool right out of the gate, which should alleviate some of that "lack" of torque.

I'm attaching two different ideas I've come up with so far. Both designs are basically boxes. The first has the IC piping coming in, making a 90 into the throttle body, which is in the direct middle of the box. My theory is that this will allow as even of a spread to all of the lower runners as possible.
    The second design is a little wider, offset to the driver side. The throttle body would mount on the front of the box. My fear with this design is that the front runners would get more air than the rear.

I'm basing a lot of this design off of my truck, which is neither a gas nor a V8 engine. My truck's intake is literally just a rectangular box with the intake directly in the middle of the box.

If this either doesn't work, or I don't like it, then there is the Pro M EFI intake, which would let me use a 90 degree elbow to attach the throttle body on the driver side of the car.

Let me know what you guys think!
    How much do you drive this on the street?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Let me know what you guys think!
    I have missed our resident mad scientist.

Top Bottom