• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Kicking around the idea of picking one up to go with the 14 and 30. The 30 is a bit pricey to shoot not liking steel and all, but my experiences with the Ruger carbines has been favorable.

So why not at a10/22 ammo is cheap and readily available, one of the things I was thinking about was a binary trigger, any have any experience with them ? Fun accessories or waste of money?

Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    DOOOOO EEEET!!!

They are the Ford Mustang of guns. Everybody and their brother makes aftermarket parts for them. Loads of fun.

First order of bidness.... remove the barrel strap. It hinders accuracy.

Everybody in my household has one except the wife. But only because she despises long guns. Doesnt enjoy shooting them due to eyesight issues.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Grab one and take it to Revere's Riders!
    THIS!!!

My two favorite mods:

(this will help at the Reveres Riders or Appleseed, whichever is more convenient for you. Same training and history lessons)

Haters will say "if its such a great gun, why do you need to modify it?" Its good OOB. Nothing wrong with improving it.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    Kicking around the idea of picking one up to go with the 14 and 30. The 30 is a bit pricey to shoot not liking steel and all, but my experiences with the Ruger carbines has been favorable.

So why not at a10/22 ammo is cheap and readily available, one of the things I was thinking about was a binary trigger, any have any experience with them ? Fun accessories or waste of money?

Thanks
    I have a Ruger Charger which is a 10/22 action. I put a binary trigger in it and yes, it's a lot of fun and yes it's a waste of money. So, it's a really good waste of money!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This gets discussed a lot ... 10/22 mods that is, not the 10/22 binary trigger ... that's a new topic.

Anyhow, here's a few links discussing 10/22s for your reading pleasure (and there are plenty more if you care to search them out).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/best-upgrades-to-a-10-22.553070/

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/just-plinking-with-my-10-22.548848/

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ruger-10-22-fans.516199/

Hope to read more about the binary trigger than more 10/22 mods in this thread ... sure seems like the 10/22 modification horse has been beaten a few times in recent and distant past.

Bottom line, get a 10/22 ... heck, get any .22LR rifle ... then take it out and shoot it ... a lot.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Waste of money. Change the the trigger, change the barrel,change the stock. OK that's kewl , but why? Why not start with savage they shoot right out of the box. There are several way better options in my opinion, but it's your money.
    I will leave you with this, I shoot competition, I never see a Ruger anything on the line.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I just bought another Ruger 10\22. It originally was to help balance out my ammo costs and still be able to go to the range as much as I want.but honestly I could have done that with the .22s I have. Bought because I wanted it. Binary triggers though? If I put one in the cost would probably exceed what I spend on .30-30. That much fun is to tempting for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Waste of money. Change the the trigger, change the barrel,change the stock. OK that's kewl , but why? Why not start with savage they shoot right out of the box. There are several way better options in my opinion, but it's your money.
    I will leave you with this, I shoot competition, I never see a Ruger anything on the line.
    Because they are not designed for that.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    The 10/22 is the best .22 out there, and in my opinion the best ever, for versatility. It is the Lego toy of guns, my only modification, was doing the mod to the bolt release, with a Dremel...NOW it is perfect, shot a 198 on an Appleseed with it (that is the gun, not me, I'm not that good)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    May very well be true , however I have never seen a competition gun on our homestead. I have seen a Mini 14 and A Mini 30 there on a regular basis providing excellent service.

Even have. Henry 22 lr Lever gun that works around our place.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I just bought another Ruger 10\22. It originally was to help balance out my ammo costs and still be able to go to the range as much as I want.but honestly I could have done that with the .22s I have. Bought because I wanted it. Binary triggers though? If I put one in the cost would probably exceed what I spend on .30-30. That much fun is to tempting for me.
    Sometimes it’s ok I think just to want something because it’s enjoyable to me the 10/22 seems like a good choice for a binary trigger, inexpensive red dot etc

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    You will never go wrong with a 10/22.

Many, MANY companies making optional upgrades for them.
    They are super easy to work on. The parts are not cost prohibitive. EG: Trigger packs make the upgrade options super easy to install.

And you don't have to buy the most expensive versions either...I chose KIDD vs Geissele.
    Use your Google/Bing foo and make it your own!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Another vote for Do It!!
    I can't think of any reason not to... Great pinker out of the box, and upgrade options are endless if you so wish.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Then you have never competed in one of our IAR matches at ACC. There are several of us that compete with 10/22s on a regular basis.

Granted some are heavily modified...not mine. I only did a KIDD trigger job on it. I like the 2.5# trigger for comp. It just works.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Then you have never competed in one of our IAR matches at ACC. There are several of us that compete with 10/22s on a regular basis.

Granted some are heavily modified...not mine. I only did a KIDD trigger job on it. I like the 2.5# trigger for comp. It just works.
    I kind of thought there must be someone out there that has used one for competition?

I think I have even noticed reviews on A Ruger Precision Rifle that was a 22lr. Sure it’s way pricey . But in my opinion I have had good experiences with all of Rugers offerings that I have purchased from my SR9c to rifles .

If something works well and is affordable yeah it’s probably going to be fine for me.

Top Bottom