• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I just know the M/T Pro's are about as close to a true slick as you can get in a DOT radial.
    With a bias ply you have to factor in tire growth and how much it will crush & wad up on launch vs a radial really doesn't grow and holds it's shape much more. Works pretty well on a lot of street cars.
    Can't give a firsthand account of auto vs manual on either
    Yes the M/T Pro's are fantastic with an auto. I ran them on my Mustang (5-speed manual) one season. After switching to bias/ply Hoosier Quick Time Pros I gained 60', E.T. MPH stayed the same. They were less track dependent also. The wadding up really helped .
    DBusvkI.jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    They put a better rear end in the super stock.
    If you bust it dodge will cover it.

I can only teach her what I know when you get into then 10.00‘s I am out.

The dude the hit 9.96 was on Hoosier 100% stock
    Have you made any passes at U.S. 60 with her?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    U.S. 60 flat hooks ! Never when to the Valley. They would toss me for no roll bar. :cool:
    That could be true. I remember U.S.60 as being almost non existent on their tech inspection stuff. But again that was about 15yrs ago.
    Seen some wild action at that place. We had our first ever event win there too.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes the M/T Pro's are fantastic with an auto. I ran them on my Mustang (5-speed manual) one season. After switching to bias/ply Hoosier Quick Time Pros I gained 60', E.T. MPH stayed the same. They were less track dependent also. The wadding up really helped .
    DBusvkI.jpg
    What kind of 60ft time, E.T. & mph?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got tossed from IRP on a Wednesday street car run what you brung. Car had no roll bars. Still had the stock 1965 GM issue lap belts in it. I ran the 12.0-foot brake class or slow bracket, so I did not have to put bars in it.
    Made a couple of 12.10 passes and uncorked, timing, air breather and stood on it.
    11.85. That got me a stern look and a :nono: from the track manager (he was a friend actually)

Then I engaged the power adder and put an 11:30 on it. That got me pointed towards the gate. Everyone was laughing but that was just too fast to overlook. I was gunning for an 11:10 and probably would have got there with a bigger launch chip.
    Not bad for a street car. 4250 with me in the seat.

pjPVMYR.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got tossed from IRP on a Wednesday street car run what you brung. Car had no roll bars. Still had the stock 1965 GM issue lap belts in it. I ran the 12.0-foot brake class or slow bracket, so I did not have to put bars in it.
    Made a couple of 12.10 passes and uncorked, timing, air breather and stood on it.
    11.85. That got me a stern look and a :nono: from the track manager (he was a friend actually)

Then I engaged the power adder and put an 11:30 on it. That got me pointed towards the gate. Everyone was laughing but that was just too fast to overlook. I was gunning for an 11:10 and probably would have got there with a bigger launch chip.
    Not bad for a street car. 4250 with me in the seat.

pjPVMYR.jpg
    Back in 2011, IRP had a once a month heads up series that we raced in. The guys doing the track prep for that series absolutely killed it every race. We were struggling to get enough wheel speed on the launch and were wadding up the tires and driving into severe tire shake. So we went to a Wednesday night TnT. We made a couple hits and several adjustments then toward the end of the night we went up to the line and threw about all we had at the time at it. Well, dad said he knew it was on a serious run as soon as he let off the button and it didn't shake the tires. He ran down passed the 1/8th cone and didn't lift. He said it felt so good he ran it out as far as he could. According to the Racepak he let out of it just before the 1,000ft cone when it tickled the rev limiter. Anyway, he tripped the 1/4 timer with a 7.20 at like 186 mph. The track manager at the time was sitting on the wall by the starter stand. He walks right up to me and asks me what's that chassis certified to? I said 7.50 and he proceeded to tell me don't ever let it happen again or we wouldn't be allowed to run there. Loaded up and went home didn't touch a thing. When we unloaded two days later at the track, we couldn't duplicate it. Turned things down just a little bit and we were right back to fighting tire shake.
    Track prep for those races was handled by the VP rep for the region and the track manager. That track manager now travels around doing track prep. To this day we've never raced on a surface so sticky

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in 2011, IRP had a once a month heads up series that we raced in. The guys doing the track prep for that series absolutely killed it every race. We were struggling to get enough wheel speed on the launch and were wadding up the tires and driving into severe tire shake. So we went to a Wednesday night TnT. We made a couple hits and several adjustments then toward the end of the night we went up to the line and threw about all we had at the time at it. Well, dad said he knew it was on a serious run as soon as he let off the button and it didn't shake the tires. He ran down passed the 1/8th cone and didn't lift. He said it felt so good he ran it out as far as he could. According to the Racepak he let out of it just before the 1,000ft cone when it tickled the rev limiter. Anyway, he tripped the 1/4 timer with a 7.20 at like 186 mph. The track manager at the time was sitting on the wall by the starter stand. He walks right up to me and asks me what's that chassis certified to? I said 7.50 and he proceeded to tell me don't ever let it happen again or we wouldn't be allowed to run there. Loaded up and went home didn't touch a thing. When we unloaded two days later at the track, we couldn't duplicate it. Turned things down just a little bit and we were right back to fighting tire shake.
    Track prep for those races was handled by the VP rep for the region and the track manager. That track manager now travels around doing track prep. To this day we've never raced on a surface so sticky
    They have to cover their butts.
    Was the track managers name Mark. He always put down a great launch pad. And he was a friend. And he booted me as well. It still a friend.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They have to cover their butts.
    Was the track managers name Mark. He always put down a great launch pad. And he was a friend. And he booted me as well. It still a friend.
    Oh I get it... liability and all that
    No it was Kurt. I think he owns a company called Total Venue Concepts. He has done a lot with NMCA and PDRA.
    I think the track manager now is named Mike

Top Bottom