• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Because it is low miles I bet (1900 miles), still ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I have seen the same company advertise 20-30 year old low mile Chevy's for 25k plus (88-97 Chevy/gmc trucks). Sure they look great but anyone with a brain isn't going to pay those prices.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ref=page_vehicles_tab&referral_code=undefined

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ref=page_vehicles_tab&referral_code=undefined

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So I went and looked at that jeep I mentioned a few days ago. I was there Monday and it would barely crank over real slow, the battery was low, but the fuel pump kicked on and the boyfriend said it had spark. I get there today and there is random wiring harness pieces laying on the ground and the girlfriend says it no longer cranks over, I lift the hood and wiring is just randomly chopped out. The boyfriend says he's removing all the emissions stuff because it must be what's keeping it from running.

I just wished them luck, shook my head and told them I am no longer interested.

Clifford used to make a 4bbl intake for the 4.0... 258 intakes fit 4.0 heads with a fair bit of effort.

Once he diminishes the price price to below scrap value because he has to pay to haul it off, that's for sure a good plan. Making 300hp out of 4.6 stroker is not that hard, and if you don't have to worry about fueling... c'mon man! :)

I'm also with you on "what emissions?". On a Renix injected 4.0, sure, there's some crap, but on a later model it's pretty surgically clean in there. Mine has like 3 vacuum hoses.

FWIW, a buddy of mine with a lightly warmed up 4.6 stroker in an automatic XJ was pretty routinely running mid-14s with it through a stock auto with 3.55s and no tune (had a resistor on the MAF or TPS or something). That's pretty quick for a 4 door brick in the wind built on a beer budget.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Clifford used to make a 4bbl intake for the 4.0... 258 intakes fit 4.0 heads with a fair bit of effort.

Once he diminishes the price price to below scrap value because he has to pay to haul it off, that's for sure a good plan. Making 300hp out of 4.6 stroker is not that hard, and if you don't have to worry about fueling... c'mon man! :)

I'm also with you on "what emissions?". On a Renix injected 4.0, sure, there's some crap, but on a later model it's pretty surgically clean in there. Mine has like 3 vacuum hoses.

FWIW, a buddy of mine with a lightly warmed up 4.6 stroker in an automatic XJ was pretty routinely running mid-14s with it through a stock auto with 3.55s and no tune (had a resistor on the MAF or TPS or something). That's pretty quick for a 4 door brick in the wind built on a beer budget.

That is impressive out of a XJ that's not swapped, but the rest of this one isn't in as good of shape as they want it to be. I imagine it will set there for awhile then off to scrap yard. Or maybe they will cross paths with someone who has to have it who knows.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That is impressive out of a XJ that's not swapped, but the rest of this one isn't in as good of shape as they want it to be. I imagine it will set there for awhile then off to scrap yard. Or maybe they will cross paths with someone who has to have it who knows.

Yeah, that guy should be you, for $200... and you won't even deduct for having to fill the tires so you can tow it away. :)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's a new day, and a new problem.
    I had a older lady referred to me, she said she hired someone to fix her car after it started making noises while braking. She was then sent to me because she said the noises got louder after the guy fixed it. He told her that the new pads had to wear in

This is the front brakes, " recently fixed"
    IMG-20201220-130156140.jpg

And this is the rear brakes, no word on if these were supposedly replaced. And yes that is the old fuid.
    IMG-20201220-130131762.jpg

2008 Equinox with 42k miles

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Ok fellas, looks like it may be time to upgrade my OBD scanner, I have an old Innova that's probably pushing 20y old. It's been good but out of date. I have kind of looked into some bluetooth units, definitely want something that can do ABS/SRS. Would like it to be bidirectional communication for bleeding abs units (but that may be out of my price range). Not looking to get into snap on or matco territory.

What say you guys, any experience?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've seen you mention it before, do you run the Torque lite or Torque Pro? I've seen mixed info saying the Pro does some ABS and some say it doesn't. Maybe it's model dependant? I have seen decent reviews for the Bluedriver unit also

Edit: Also curious which dongle you use?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom